Beta Test FXCM's New Web-based Platform!

Hi Everyone,

We’re currently developing a new trading platform, and I invite you to join our beta testing group.

While this new platform offers charting and trading functionality on par with Trading Station Desktop, it’s web-based. That means it requires [U]no downloading[/U] and works on all computers including Macs to offer you convenience and greater accessibility with many bells and whistles. For example, we’re integrating unique features into the platform like our economic calendar, videos, and news feeds with more to come!

[B]WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK![/B] Tell us what you want in the platform as part of your everyday trading experience. Gathering valuable feedback on your initial reaction and level of satisfaction for the platform will help us identify areas that need improvement.

Beta testing the platform is easy.

[ol]
[li]Log in using your existing account credentials at https://www-beta.fxcorporate.com/
[/li][li]Use the platform as you normally would. NOTE:Beta testing is only available on demo accounts.
[/li][li]Make the platform “your own”. Move things around, use any features you want, etc.
[/li][li]Provide your feedback, suggestions, bugs or errors via email to <[email protected]>
[/li][/ol]

We’re very excited about this platform and look forward to your feedback and comments. Also, please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jason

[I]Our service includes products that are traded on margin and carry a risk of losses in excess of your deposited funds. The products may not be suitable for all investors. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.[/I]

I have the following comments (good and bad):
Looks: It is very clear and crisp and everything is easy to find.
User friendliness: Some improvements needed here. When an order is open, I could not see the option to change my stops. Instead I had to go into the “Summary tab” and do it from there. I expect to be able to amend stops on open orders, from the open orders tab :slight_smile: . I only had the option to close.Inline image 1
Bug opening charts: I opened a new chart and the data etc displayed…but no candlesticks and so onInline image 2
Things I like: News feed is very clear and better than tradestations, as I don’t have to click in to see the headline. It just looks better presented. I also like the ability to throw any tabs you like around the platform…a very good thing for web based trading.
Improvements: A ticker at the top of the platform running live would be good showing a pairs movement on the day. It would draw attention to moving pairs and save the trader some time by not sifting through multiple charts.
Overall the platform looks and feels very good. No doubt with more time I would get used to it, however the chart not showing up on screen at point 3 above would put me off using it for now (chart window open, but no candlesticks). Everything else is close to perfect. Header bar is clear, dealing rates are simply presented, options bar is easy to follow. Also the ability to detach windows is excellent. The platform also offers a great range of indicators and tools…I am very impressed with this.

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have on my comments above.

I already have my 300 spent in the app store! LOL.

Thank you for this detailed feedback, Gonko! I have shared it with my colleagues in software development. However, your post mentions two images which don’t seem to have loaded to the forum. Could you please try reposting them?

It’s feedback from clients like you that helps FXCM keep improving. I am honored you chose this topic for your first post on the forum and hope you are enjoying the programs you got from FXCMapps.com :slight_smile:

Hi Gonko, following up on my previous post, I have some comments from our software development team (in italics below)regarding your feedback on our new platform beta test:

“This looks to be standard FIFO behavior. Perhaps this is an LTD client incorrectly using an LLC Demo. If you could verify, we’ll go from there.”

If you signed up for your demo account from FXCM.com instead of FXCM.co.uk then please note the order functionality you described is designed to comply with US regulations regarding FIFO (first in, first out) trading.

If you live outsite the US, you can sign up for an FXCM UK demo which does not have the same FIFO restrictions.

“Can you reach out to this client and find out what instrument this occurred with and if its still an issue? We were doing some chart maintenance last week and this may have been the result of that.”

What symbol were you trading on your demo?

“I have added this to our feature request list”

Thanks again for the suggestion!

@ Jason Roger,

You commented on a previous post I started in my own thread regarding broker options. In the comment I noticed you reference your “standard account NDD” which requires a minimum of $2k deposit, however on your website I am not seeing any mention of a NDD account that requires a $2k minimum. That being said my primary strategy is scalping and would require a NDD, can you shed some light on this?

Hi Rogue,

I apologize for the confusion. While the minimum to open a Standard account with FXCM UK or FXCM Australia is 2k, the minimum to open a Standard account with FXCM US is 5K. This is related to the higher margin requirements required by US regulators for forex trading. It’s worth noting the minimum to open an account in Canada is also 5k, since Canadian regulators also have higher forex margin requirements.

I have updated my other post to reflect the FXCM US Standard account minimum of 5k.

Jason good to speak to you again. I have a comment on the above quote I agree with Gonko that stops should be able be adjusted and any chart that has open orders on them for convenience. I get I am in the USA and have FIFO but I fail to see what that has to do with my stops and order adjustments. If I can adjust them under a summary tab I cant see why we cant adjust them under an open orders tab under the FIFO rule. Either way its not a big deal as I can still adjust my stops but I do agree when I look at my open trades I go to the open orders tab not the summary but then if I need to make an adjusment I have to go somewhere else. It just dont make sense to be unless I am missing something in the FIFO rule.

FIFO regulations in the US require that if there are two are more trades open in the same currency pair, then older trades must be closed before newer trades. A consequence of this rule is that stop and limit orders cannot be attached to specific trades in the US. Why not? Because attached stop and limit orders to a specific trade could result in a newer trade being closed before an older trade in the same currency pair. As a result, all stops and limits on US trading accounts must be net stops and limits, and will close trades in FIFO order.

I guess that makes sense somewhat. Seeing as how I only open 1 trade and a single pair at a time I have never been affected by that rule. but I can see why it makes sense to only be able to change a stop in the summary so you can only adjust the stop for that specific trade. I dont like it and think its stupid but a regs a reg.

You are correct, Bob

If you have only one trade, then FIFO restrictions won’t affect you. The only difference is that as a US trade, you must adjust your stops and limits from the Summary window as opposed to the Orders window.