Simulation mode

Hi Jason,
Ive just noticed a simulation mode in marketscope.
Can I replay data? ie load a month worth of data and practice trades same as forextester does?

Yes Grant! You can even use Simulation Mode to practice over the weekend when trading is closed. Here’s a an earlier post about this new feature for Trading Station Desktop: 301 Moved Permanently

Well then marketscope has just gone from a good trading platform to frikking AWESOME! That’s a superb feature :smiley:

Thanks Grant, I’m glad you’re pleased. :slight_smile:

I’ve just tried using simulation mode on Trading Station which looks quite cool! I’m not interested in backtesting strategies/EAs or anything automated- I simply load data going back a year or so, and view EUR/USD charts and enter my trades accordingly.

What I wanted to know is, how do I save a project which will allow me to go back and pick up where I left off?

Will the system preserve the green arrows for all past entry and exit points for my trades or do I need to take snapshots at the end of each session?

Thanks in advance, and hope everyone is having a fine holiday!

Welcome to the forum, Johnny :slight_smile:

I follow up with our tech support team regarding your questions and this is what they said:

The Simulation Mode will not save the arrows on the chart.
Also, currently there is a bug where you save the project it saves the time, pairs, and settings but it will not save the positions.
This is a noted bug and will be resolved in the near future. You can save the project by going to System > Simulation Mode > Save Project

Happy Holidays!