FXCM spread mismatch

How come EUR/USD spread for my FXCM MT4 demo account doesn’t match?
It’s 13 points in Market Watch, but it’s 25 points according to the bid line and ask line on the chart.
Which one should I go by?

Thanks

Hi Babychiq,

Two things:

1. The spreads you see are quoted to 5 decimal points. The 5th digit to the right of the decimal represents one-tenth of one pip. Therefore, a spread of 13 points is really 1.3 pips.

2. FXCM offers traders the choice between two different pricing models: raw FX spreads with commissions for Standard and Active Trader accounts, and all-inclusive spreads with no commissions for Mini accounts.

MT4 servers have a limitation in that they can only display chart prices for one account type (Mini or Standard/Active Trader). Trading Station servers and charts do not have this same limitation. That means regardless of your account type, you can log into our Trading Station platform and see corresponding prices on the charts.

The charts on some of our MT4 servers are set up to display the raw FX spreads available to Standard accounts, while the charts on other MT4 servers are set up to display the all-inclusive spreads available to Mini accounts. That said, the Bid and Ask prices you see in the Market Watch window of your MT4 platform will always correspond the spreads available for your account type regardless of your the MT4 server to which you’re connected.

You can compare the Bid price you see in your Market Watch window to the chart price on your MT4 platform to see if they match. If they don’t, live account holders can complete one of the forms below to have their account switched, so it connects to an MT4 server with chart prices corresponding to their account type.

[ul]
[li]MT4 Chart Update for FXCM UK Clients
[/li][li]MT4 Chart Update for FXCM US Clients
[/li][/ul]

Since you are currently demo trading, it’s simply a matter of setting up your demo account on the appropriate MT4 demo server. Are you interested in a Mini account or a Standard account? Also, since we have FXCM offices around the world, what is your country of residence?

Thanks Jason !! I live in Taiwan. I think I have a Mini Demo account. May I know which demo server I should connect to?

Hi Babychiq,

Since you live in Taiwan, it would be best for you to speak with my colleagues in Asia, because they are most familiar with the server/account settings for your region. You can email them at info AT fxcmasia DOT com.

Thanks, I’ll do that !!