Fxcm mt4

Hi guys,

I’ve got a young problem with my FXCM MT4 platform. Apologies if there’s already a thread on the FXCM MT4 platform, couldn’t find it.

Since the beginning of this week, my MT4 has been acting up:

a. for some reason, all trades of the same currency pair have the same take profit; eg. I open a trade with TP 1.0000, later i open another trade (same pair) with TP 2.0000, the first trade’s TP will then move from from 1.0000 to 2.0000.

b. the other problem is that i cannot hedge for some reason. I’ve hedged before with the same account/platform with no problem.

Both issues started this week, could you please help me, might have clicked on something by mistake.
thanks

Hi Phohu,

Is this a live or demo account? Your forum profile mentions you live in South Africa, so I’m assuming you have a trading account with hedging enabled by default. It’s possible you disabled the hedging functionality.

If this is a live account, please send me a private message referencing the email address we have on file, so I can look up the account for you. If this is a demo account, please send me your demo login, password and your MT4 demo server name.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,
Thanks for the reply. Will do so

Hi Jason,
haha uhm, looks like i need 13 more posts to private message you.
Will do as soon as i can.
thanks

In that case, you can email me at jrogers AT fxcm DOT com and I will look into your account for you. :slight_smile:

You may also be interested to know we recently opened an office in South Africa, and you can call our 24-hour support team at +27 10 590 6301.

Hi Jason,
Was wondering if you had received my email.
thanks

Thanks Phohu, I received your email. I was out of the office Thursday and Friday of last week for Thanksgiving and returned today. :slight_smile:

I have checked the MT4 demo login details you provided, and they are for an FXCM US demo. US regulations prohibit hedging. Since you live in South Africa, you can trade with an FXCM account that allows you to hedge. I have sent you login details for an MT4 standard demo account with hedging enabled. If you would like a mini demo account instead, you can register for one here: MetaTrader 4 - FXCM South Africa

Thanks Jason:)
Hope you enjoyed thanksgiving

It’s my pleasure, Phohu :slight_smile:

And I did have a good Thanksgiving, thank you!