Automated Strategies for US-based Traders

It looks like FXCM now allows US-based traders to run automated strategies on the FXCM Trading Station platform regardless of who authored them (external or FXCM). I am now able to load Codebase-origin, externally authored .lua automated strategies, as well as strategies purchased from FXCMApps, have them show up on the Alerts & Strategies tab, and run them. The only problem I see is under the “Allow Trading” column, the entry says “NO” while the strategy status is “Started”. Which begs the question as to why FXCM would allow us to run automated strategies, yet set the “Allow Trading” entry to a non-changeable or hardwired “NO”. I tried going into the “extension permissions” option and I checked the box saying “Allow Trading” but it still says “NO” in the “Allow Trading” column. Please advise. Thanks.

Have you tried contacting FXCM support?

It’s Sunday. The New York office is closed.

Please disregard - the “allow trading” parameter was incorporated overnight so the strategy can now be manually turned on. Thus, the issue is now moot and academic. Thanks for your attention.

Thanks for the update, Piplipino :slight_smile:

For future reference, FXCM’s customer support team is available to provide you with help over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even when trading is closed for the weekend. Our toll-free number in the US is 1-888-50-FOREX and you can check our website for our toll-free numbers around the world.