FXOPEN sued by CFTC?

It was a good decision not to trust them with large amounts of money.

Unregistered Forex Brokers Sued by CFTC | Forex Crunch

I would appreciate a comment on the matter from a representative of FXOpen. Is FXOpen going to take a stand against the CFTC lawsuit or will the brokerage simply submit to the CFTC and permanently cease to accept and service US customers?

Thank you for the update. I didn’t even know FXOpen was a Delaware corporation. I thought it was domiciled in Panama or some other offshore jurisdiction. Being a US company and not complying with the regulations of a US government body (the CFTC in this case) just doesn’t make any sense. Looking forward to your official statement.

I am under orders not to say too much right now as our lawyers are still going over the information. I can guarantee however that FXOpen is not a Delaware LLC and the name doesn’t exist in the Delaware company registry.

The information about Delaware as the site of FXOpen’s corporate domicile comes directly from the CFTC official release:

“FXOpen Investments Inc., a Delaware LLC”

</title> <meta content=“MSHTML 6.00.6000.16981” name=“GENERATOR” /> <script id=“ssInfo” type=“text/xml” warning=“DO NOT MODIFY!”> <ssinfo > <fragmentinstance id=“fragment1” fragmentid=“web_header” library=“server:NAVIGATIONFRAGMENTS”> </fragmentinsta

I attempted to withdraw money today and was told the ABA of my bank was invalid. I set up a Moneybooker acct and was informed my email address at Moneybookers was invalid. Can you offer any explanation?

Sounds fishy to me.

If you do a search on the Delaware companies register, you will see that fxopen doesn’t exist there.

I would therefore like to see an official statement by FXOpen in response to the CFTC release mentioning this fact.

An official statement will be released, once legal advice is completed.

Great, I look forward to it.

or you can go directly to the source (Delaware Corporations registry) and verify for yourself this information.

Why would I? Is FXOpen incapable of releasing an official statement in response to the CFTC claims?

The CFTC website DOES NOT list FXOPEN as a Delaware licensed company.

Also, I’ve been using FXOPEN for 8 months now with absolutely no problems. Great spreads, good customer service, prompt withdrawls. And, then the CFTC sticks it’s grubby nose into the scene. I have nothing but disgust for the hypocrisy of US regulators.

When I first got interested in forex I looked at different brokers and decided NOT to use FXOPEN for the following reason

Let me google that for you

I can play this game too! :slight_smile:

You can do the same for any broker.

FXOpen Scam: 15,400 results
[B]FXCM Scam: 272,000 results![/B]
Oanda Scam: 125,000 results!
[B]Instaforex Scam: 213,000 results![/B]
Fxsol Scam: 86,200 results
Alpari Scam: 128,000 results

Judging by the above figures, with only 15,400 results on google for fxopen scam, FXOpen is clearly the broker with the LEAST scam claims against it.

Thanks for playing.

gg

Nonetheless, of those listed only FXOpen and InstaForex got sued by the CFTC.

Rationalization won’t make bad word of mouth go away. :stuck_out_tongue: Game over.

Bad word of mouth is common in this industry. Some companies just engage in propaganda rather than being competitive in business. It doesn’t seem to affect us much as there are no proven claims against us. Just hot air.

A civil lawsuit is enough for a company’s assets (and therefore, its customers’ funds) to be frozen. Anyway, once the resolution is out, we’ll discuss it.