ECN w/ Micros

Jafar,

I noticed that more and more brokers are starting to add Micros to their offerings. Are there any plans for Fxopen to offer Microlots on their ECN platform ANYTIME in the future?

I ask because I have a company that teaches trading and wants to open a quasi-prop trading house so that those who go through the teaching program can trade with the companies money on live accounts. Of course the company wants to start them off with microLots as they start trading LIVE.

Right now they are looking at FXCM because they just started offering Micros w/ 0 Stop Level / Freeze Level etc…

Looking forward to hearing some good news from you as I would like to have this company use FxOpen.

Hi

We did try micro lots on testing the ECN, however there was a high rejection rate for such low volume so we decided not to implement it.

At the moment, only Market Makers can offer micro or nano lots.

How is it that FXCM can offer microlots, and still put no restrictions like FreezeLevel or StopLevel on the orders if they are market maker? I believe they are STP I can place a trade in between the spread and while their spread is a little high (compared to FxOpen) they are offering microlots on MT4 with no trading restrictions. Perhaps its their Boston Technologies Bridge?

Its too bad I cannot send them to FxOpen :17:

If they are using the Boston Technologies bridge, they cannot offer true ECN or STP which is why they are offering micro lots.

Perhaps if they make a bundle of cash which allows them to trade in an ECN with $10k lots, they can move over and experience FXOpen :slight_smile: