RULES + Welcome to the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 3
Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Hello all,i'm Eric,a newbie,hope for help from you.nice to be here

Greetings, my name is celvortex, I'm an aussie and I've been (demo)trading for only a month, with some success. I went thru Pips school and was very impressed (altho some of the pop references went below the ...radar). I want to learn how to place trades properly, and I want to learn the ZEN of it all...I've quickly learnt that all that INFO out will effing eat you for breakfast if you let it and pop decisions are for the veterans (although you could easily trade well on central bank decisions lately). I have seen enough to realize I can do this well eventually, but I also see that is some way off yet...

Hi all,

I'm Souljie and just want to say it's nice to be part of this community!

I'm from Australia - I notice a few Aussies around the forums. I've been reading about forex and dabbling in demo accounts since August so I'm still a newbie. Been through the Babypips school which I thought was a great introduction. Now I'm reading more on individual strategies - looking more at swing/position trading at this stage as I still have a full time job. Just opened a small live account and hope to be trading on it next month to get the real feeling. I'm already sure it will have a different psychological impact to demo trading for me so I'm diving in!

Happy trading all!

Hi there Mr Gone,

Just read your post with interest; forgive me (being a complete newbie) but what is indies??

Many thanks

Jessey

Hi Celvortex

Just read your post above here and am curious (am currently in Pips School), what is 'pop references'?? I'm completely new so please bear with me!

Many thanks
    Jessey

How's it going, everyone? It looks like the party's getting hot in here so I'm gonna jump right in and introduce myself!

I'm Forex Ninja, resident market industry spy among the FX-men.

Aside from keeping track of the latest developments in forex regulation, broker practices, and trading products, I also monitor the Trade of the Week contest. You can get the latest scoop on all these and more in my Espipionage blog.

I guess you can say that my espionage skills often carry over to the world of Hollywood celebrities since one of my guilty pleasures is to read celebrity gossip columns. With that, don't be surprised if I post a few updates on the latest hook-ups and break-ups through my Twitter or Facebook accounts, haha.

That's all I got for now! Welcome to the BabyPips.com community and I'd love to see y'all around!

Hi, my name is Sam. I live North-east of London. I originally was interested in the Stock market and begun my trading career there. I stumbled across the Forex markets and loved them from day 1. I now trade forex full-time. I am a day trader. I am also a husband, father of 2(soon to be 3) and love life!

hello again
    Have been recently made excruciatingly aware of the vagarities of the market lately, I placed a trade to buy AUD/JPY and got sverely trounced!!! Back to the drawing board for me. Oh, and to jessey126, I was referriing to the references to pop culture, which, as an aussie, I could see as being a bit different to my own pop culture...was that diplomatic enough?
    Celvortex

Hi Im Dea8

I did a 2 day course on Forex at the beginning of August so I feel like I have a lot to learn. Ive just joined GFT after switching from ETX Capital because I think Dealbook 360 is great but also because GFT Webinars are really good (No, I am not someone secretly working for GFT, even if it sounds like it!).

Anyway if you are looking for a broker but feel like you need help with technical analysis Id recommend them because their daily webinar which takes you through it is very good for beginners and intermediates.

So that's it pretty much. Keen to learn but taking it easy & starting small...

Sam, can I ask you how long it took you to really get a handle on formulating your own strategy and that moment when you felt "I know how to read charts well enough to be totally comfortable with executing my trades" etc if that makes sense. I feel like after 2 months of work, the scales are starting to fall away from my eyes but I also know I am not quite there yet. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Dea8

Forum Sponsors