RULES + Welcome to the Introduce Yourself forum

Greetings, newbie! Welcome to the BabyPips.com forums!

Here you will find like-minded individuals discussing everything under the sun about forex trading. From forex psychology to trade ideas to chart patterns and indicators – it’s all here!

But before you dive in, take a moment to introduce yourself so our tight-knit forex community can get to know you a little better. Come on, don’t be shy! Make your post worthwhile by sharing where you’re from, what your trading experience is, why you’ve joined the best forex community on the planet, and anything else about yourself.

Some other things to keep in mind:
[ol]
[li]Keep posts on topic - which means about YOU.[/li][li]Ask any forex trading questions in one of the other forums. Non-introduction posts will be moved[/li][li]Read the Guidelines that govern your actions and ours in the Forums here.[/li][/ol]

To get the ball rolling, let me introduce myself.

[B]My name is Dr. Pipslow, and I’m a member of BabyPips.com’s FX-MEN.[/B]

I’ve been around for over 600 years. Yeah, I guess you can say that I’m somewhat of an old timer, but it doesn’t really bother me because I like to think that I age like fine wine.

In my many years of existence, I’ve come to learn many things. As a matter of fact, I have degrees in Pipsychology, Pipmatics, Piponomics, Yoyo-ing, and Rollerblading. But what I’m most proud of is my PhD in Mustache Growing. Yeah, some of those degrees don’t really help with forex trading, but that doesn’t make them any less cool!

If you guys want to get in touch with me, you can drop by my author page, where you can read all of my posts. There, I discuss forex trading psychology and share tips on how you can develop the mental edge you need to become the best trader you can be.

Now that you’ve all gotten to know me a little better, it’s your turn to share a thing or two about yourself. We’ll be waiting!

555 Likes

Hello… My name wirabayu06…
I just visit this forum and saw my favorite mentor wrote this thread to greet ours.
So, if anybody don’t introduce or too shy, maybe i’ll go first…
(hehe… based on the second post, I will be your first student Dr.Pipslow, after waiting 600 years ^.^)

I’m from Indonesia, and start trading (demo) six month ago until now. Most people in Indonesia still think trading is a taboo bussiness. I too, but it just before i get introduced by my friend how trading really are.

At first, i only ignored this bussiness. Until i had internal problem. And becoz of that, i loss everything i have and beloved, even lost my dream. I fail to reunite my parents, i fail to realized my parents dream, fail to married, fail to protect my daugther, and loss all my money and dream becoz of that… Enough the sad thing that makes my ‘heavygear’ move very strongly to search ‘way’ step forward.

I start to realize fx potential. The time, liquidity, flexibility of place, without anyone order or just myself, and BIGGEST!! the LIMIT!!! Yes, the first time i realize a bussiness that have its limit is MYSELF. Very big different from my current job, that its limit is not myself, but the system…

It’s all bout me, and why i choose trading as my bussiness later until i get my ultimate dream…

Even i have brain above average (based on very good performance & achievment at school & work), doesnt influence me to think lightly. I realize successful come from very hard work, discipline, patient, consistent, and determined. My first analyze to accel my step forward is learn mentality and emotion of trader by take ur class Dr.Pipslow… I realize if i can handle this emotion, my trading skill will dramatically followed, along with increase my trading experience…

Hope i will be the first ur good student that success in the future Dr.Pipslow ^.^

125 Likes

Ho there. My name is Artamba, and I’m entirely new to both Forex and Babypips. I’m 16 turning 17 in a month, I’m still in school (Although I’m probably spending too much time reading about Fx rather than doing work), and I love video games.

Recently a friend of mine introduced me to both Forex and Babypips and I’m very glad he did. I’ve discovered a passion for Forex over the past month and I absolutely love learning about it. There’s a lot more to Forex than I originally thought (and I like that), so I’m going to stick with it and perhaps one day make some moneys out of it.
I still have a bit of a way to go before I even start trading a demo account seriously, and even longer til I start making some money off Forex, so I’m going to take it slow and learn as much as I can until I know I’m ready.

And I’d just like to mention that the Babypips community is probably the best and most helpful community I’ve ever encountered on the internet. I’m excited to learn, and I know that the wonderful people here are here to help.

Thanks guys!

Also, hello Wira! I join you under the teachings of Dr Pipslow! :stuck_out_tongue:

89 Likes

Hi, my name is TCP2012. My brother and law introduced me to Forex and then proceeded to blow up my account three times. After the third time I decided I could not do any worse so I jumped in with a demo account. That was nearly 4 years ago and I admit that I am still learning. But it is fun and I am finally seeing some results. I cannot retire off my trading profits but at least my family and I can take a nice vacation and not have to worry about the bill once we return. I only trade twice a day now and there are days where I do not trade at all. My main time is the London closing period and the New York closing window. I am hoping to meet up with others who might trade at these times. I would love to bounce some ideas off you.

Take care.

TCP2012

54 Likes

Hello,
I´m MarioFX, I´m 44 and am from Perú. I´ve been an entrepreneur for almost all my life. But sadly can´t say I´ve succeeded, still meanwhile I´ve learned a lot about myself and people. I always dreamt of a company in which I needn´t give orders, because everyone knows what to do, my dreamt F1 Race team, that´s why they were selected, but didn´t happened. I´m a believer that making mistakes is human, but getting better is also human, so I couldn´t stand people don´t being responsible for their errors, not even trying to understand what and why things went wrong and take corrective actions. That´s how I started to look something at which I could be good, 100% responsible of my actions and no one to take care off because when I did, they didn´t even mind to think if I was struggling and if I needed more help form my team, sad enviroment. Still business is what I like so now I´m starting a Hydroponics Farm (little one) while learning about commodities, futures and options. I´m getting into real states for capital growth and passive income and started FX a year ago (just warming up) honestly I´ve lost some money, but though I went to University, I dropped twice, so I take it as my education costs. Hope to be able to fit in your community.
All The Best to All

27 Likes

:smiley:

Hi there, Ken014 here…

I got this website from someone whom I don’t know at all (a stranger) from another community (PUA). I just met him in one event and when I was told that he was trading FX, I asked him how I can learn more about it, he referred this website. I really love the Idea of successful people and those who aspire to be, share great thoughts and give more value to everyone. I find this website so cool, it brings out the child within me (because of the corny Jokes LOL, which makes me laugh by the way (sometimes just smile))

About me, My online name is always Ken and my real name is Keene (I guess you see the connection?), a Filipino and currently 22 years old. I have been reading quite a number of books, one of which is the book “Rich Dad, Poor Dad”. Robert Kiyosaki has many vehicles for getting rich but he didn’t mention FX, he should have tried it. hahaha…

Because of this book, I sought of ways to become wealthy, it has become one of the things that I pursue the most, aside from being a world class drummer, and having a wonderful family of my own. And yup, i play the drums (Gears are quite expensive, all the more drives me to be rich), I have a band in our church and also a couple of bands outside. Going back, I’ve tried network marketing and didn’t find much success in it. However I was really thankful because it created more yearning and learning on my end for pursuing my dreams. I met people who are really driven to succeed and I’ve personally known and seen some who succeeded on it. And then, I met the Fx traders who does MLM as well. I love the Idea that this is both a skill and a game, the more you know about it and do it (the right way), the better you get. And the better you get, the richer you become. I decided that whatever happens, I will become rich. If one way doesn’t work, I’ll find another. Life long learning. Hope that I found the right track now…

Whoever manages this site, more power to you guys… More power to all of us…

To Success! :18:

36 Likes

Hello . . . my screen name is brookela and I live in Williamsport, PA (USA). I am a 72-year-old female and have been interested in forex since I first heard about it, maybe 15 years ago. I’m a slow starter, and a procrastinator, and the books I bought on various forex subjects are in storage 150 miles away. But I’ve opened a demo account and now I’m trying to get some of the basics of forex to stay in my aged brain long enough to make some practice trades and see what happens.

I’m not looking to get rich, but making a little extra cash couldn’t hurt. My older daughter and her younger daughter and I live in a former crack-house I bought here, close to said older daughter’s older daughter. who lives just down the highway. My daughter has not had a regular job with benefits since her job as a Comcast Dispatch Supervisor was moved 164 miles away from where we lived in Lehigh County PA, and she decided not to apply for one of the supervisor spots. She’s making a pittance using her beauty school license cutting hair in a salon - no insurance, no over-time, no benefits at all. At my age you probably figured that I’m already retired, collecting social security and a small pension from my last job of 31 years.

The economy is tough all over, but we’re allowing the Universe to provide an up-tick in our lives. In the meantime, I’ll just boogie through the wonderful classes available from BabyPips and see whether it’s possible to teach an old dog new tricks.

Bright blessings,

brookela

45 Likes

hi…im jantrivia1528 from brunei. i’m new to forex. I work as a civil servant for the pass 15 years. The things i like in forex is the lingo or it special slang It seems sophisticated, educated and sometimes ansd helps me at annonying my friends. the language lingo in forex draw me to actually experience the wall street feelings just like in the movie. I’m not gonna wear suits though cos here is really humid.

not yet regiester to actual account yet, playing the demo always got burned. my analysis is not yet there. me and my friend always got burn playing the demo account. the things is we dont have any strategy when to go long or short. luckily for us it just a demo account but need to polish my skill and the school here really helps.

i thanks to whoever made this website. it really does help to understands those sophisticated lingo. got to go need to annoy my friend with some trading strategy i learned from u FX men.

Cheers

15 Likes

Hello…
My name is wind yus nugroho…
Forex is interesting me since 2011,but I don’t have time to learn it, then I decide to investing my money to someone that people said “masta of forex”… But the end of the day I lost contact with that “masta” & I lost my money too…
T_T…
It’s a hard year for me…
And now I try to learn forex by my self… Need to stand by my own foot…
and here I am… Don’t know how to start…
But I am ready to learn…
:slight_smile:

22 Likes

Hi All,

I am Abdul Latif Usman, very new to forex still in elementary class of pipsology school. I would like help on how to read charts and how to make charts with different strategies. Any help welcome.

10 Likes

Hi,
This is 1goal , newbie to the community and thank you for a warm welcome. Looking forward to a great and enjoyable moments with lots of knowledge and PROFIT…
Thanks to everyone in this community…:53:

10 Likes

Hi everyone.

Am Manny, and Am actually not new to forex or trading, I started 10 years ago.

But unfortunally I was young (and dumb :p), had no patience, was lazy, even fat and had the “get rich quick” mentality.

Well that didnt go well and I blew up my account several times…

Then just quitted.

After this and after my doctor told me I was on the verge of a heart attack because of my high cholesterol and bad lifestyle I knew I had to change my life, So I went back to school and studied business psychology and practiced lot other stuff (i.e. meditation, etc.).

So I finally got up from my behind and changed my lifestyle, eating habits, relationship with my kids and family !!

It took many years, it was not easy, but my life has turned 360 degrees and Am ready to give trading another chance.

Even thought am a pretty good at psychology am still new to a lot of the trading psychological stuff, so I hope to learn more from Dr. Pipslow’s teachings.

Am also going to put aside all the stuff (Junk!) I think I know about trading and start from zero! (kindergarten).

16 Likes

Hello everyone i am Glenn and i’ve been trading forex live for about 10 months with 3 months of demo behind that. I’m still finding the strategy that works best for me. I’ve read through babypips.com for the past few days and i’m looking to find some new strategies and brush up on the building blocks as i progress through my trading career. i’ve found the “school of Pipology” quite informative and a very nice learning tool, i wish i had found this place 10 months ago it probably wouldve saved me a bit of capital lol. Anyway looking forward to sharing and learning with everyone!

9 Likes

Hello and welcome, everybody! Glad to see this party is alive and kickin’!

I just thought I’d take a moment to introduce myself and join the fun here. I’m Cyclopip. Yep, that green face you see to your left belongs to me. I know, I know… Handsome, ain’t I?

But there’s more to me than meets the eye. (Get it?! Haha!) Beneath my thick green skin lies a gentle giant, often misunderstood. As a matter of fact, ever since I was a young’un I’ve been searching for my place in this world.

I tried my hands at underwear modeling and hairstyling for a while, but for some weird reason, those career paths didn’t work out. And then I met the FX-Men and discovered forex trading… and I knew I had found my calling!

Since then, I’ve been all about forex. I’m obsessed about cross currency pairs in particular because they offer so many different and exciting trading opportunities. As a matter of fact, I run a blog all about cross currency trading here on BabyPips.com… the Currency Cross-Eyed blog!

You may have noticed from my past blog entries that I’m a bit of a sports nut. Yep, next to forex (and fried bunny ears), there’s nothing I love more than sports!

Anyway, that’s me in a nutshell! If you want to get in touch with me for any reason whatsoever (like if you think we have a lot in common and want to be buddies), drop by my blog and leave me a comment.

Don’t be afraid, I don’t bite (much)! I’m also on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook… ‘cause, you know, a monster’s gotta stay connected!

Again, welcome to BabyPips.com! I’m looking forward to hearing from you!

14 Likes

Hello everybody!
My name is NIK05, i’m da price catcher with average (2+ years) experience in live trading. Have my own everydayweekdeveloping trading strategy, that I try to follow (but not always))) . Being introduced in FX structure & basics, I decided to learn this deeper. I was reading many books about trading strategies, money management & psychology. A few months later I finally felt myself fully armed and only after that I decided to open my first real account. From that time and till now i’m in the game!
I try to always be a student in trading, cause it helps me to stay on the right way.
That’s why I’m here now. I see here’s a tons of information required.

P.S. Just passed some tests in school section & found that your training/testing method is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen, great job guys!

Good luck to all!!!

11 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m Happy Pip, lady trader of the commodity currencies here on BabyPips.com. As some of you might know, I have a blog called Playing with the Comdolls which has my regular weekly take on the comdolls and some trades here and there.

I’m a huge fan of Harry Potter, Rachel Ray, Kathy Lien, and carry trade. Unless I’m busy whipping up a new recipe in the kitchen, I usually spend a few hours watching the charts carefully as I hunt for trade setups or chatting with my comdoll buds over at the Comdolls Section of the BabyPips.com forums.

Although I’ve been trading for a few years now, I’m sure I could learn from a lot of y’all when it comes to managing my trades and maximizing my profit potential so don’t be shy to drop a comment or two when I post my trade ideas! I really love it when I receive feedback from my fellow traders

That’s pretty much all I got for now. See you around!

12 Likes

Hi, I am shere0901 and I am 23. I am also a student of computer science and engineering. Online income is my most interesting things. I am very beginner on forex. But I want to income more money from online. But I cannot enough support from any online earning site.Someone tell me that if you want to earn more money on online , you can just forex trading. Because forex trading can give you profitable money . It is important to learn about forex as a beginner. I am also beginner user on babypips forum. One my rlated friend suggest me that if you want to learn about forex , you become a member of babypips forum , because this site can give you more reliable and important information about forex trading by perticipate in the discuss. Hope that I can learn about forex in this site and I wish to help all of the member in this site , so that I can manage my forex trading properly and earn profitable money like that a successful traders. Thanks all and babypips forum athority.

8 Likes

Hello everyone! New to the babypips trading message boards. Looking to learn a lot from the other members here and glad to be aboard.

5 Likes

Hi All,
I am James, trading off and on since 2004. I intend to go full time some time next year. Completed all the lessons in the school here to be confident that I am ready. I have my strategies and plans in place so am just looking forward to getting back to full time now. Always ready to recommend Babypips to my friends and happy to admit, I have learned more here than anywhere else! Cheers.

9 Likes

Hi, I am Mr. Gone, my avartar doe not reflect Mr Gone character because it is not MG, it’s Roy Bathy from Blade Runner, a replicant designed to be identical to humans except for their emotions, replicants aren’t suppossed to have emotions. I was soppossed to be a Replicant Trader but it is not posible to control emotions.

I’ve been trading for more than three years now but recently i’ve been profitable so i guess all sacrifice worth it. Anyway, I am a big fan of price action, it means no indies.

Regards.

Here i leave you with a drawing of MR Gone:

9 Likes