RULES + Welcome to the Introduce Yourself forum

Hi everyone!

I’m Happy Pip, lady trader of the commodity currencies here on BabyPips.com. As some of you might know, I have a blog called Playing with the Comdolls which has my regular weekly take on the comdolls and some trades here and there.

I’m a huge fan of Harry Potter, Rachel Ray, Kathy Lien, and carry trade. Unless I’m busy whipping up a new recipe in the kitchen, I usually spend a few hours watching the charts carefully as I hunt for trade setups or chatting with my comdoll buds over at the Comdolls Section of the BabyPips.com forums.

Although I’ve been trading for a few years now, I’m sure I could learn from a lot of y’all when it comes to managing my trades and maximizing my profit potential so don’t be shy to drop a comment or two when I post my trade ideas! I really love it when I receive feedback from my fellow traders

That’s pretty much all I got for now. See you around!

12 Likes

Hi, I am shere0901 and I am 23. I am also a student of computer science and engineering. Online income is my most interesting things. I am very beginner on forex. But I want to income more money from online. But I cannot enough support from any online earning site.Someone tell me that if you want to earn more money on online , you can just forex trading. Because forex trading can give you profitable money . It is important to learn about forex as a beginner. I am also beginner user on babypips forum. One my rlated friend suggest me that if you want to learn about forex , you become a member of babypips forum , because this site can give you more reliable and important information about forex trading by perticipate in the discuss. Hope that I can learn about forex in this site and I wish to help all of the member in this site , so that I can manage my forex trading properly and earn profitable money like that a successful traders. Thanks all and babypips forum athority.

8 Likes

Hello everyone! New to the babypips trading message boards. Looking to learn a lot from the other members here and glad to be aboard.

5 Likes

Hi All,
I am James, trading off and on since 2004. I intend to go full time some time next year. Completed all the lessons in the school here to be confident that I am ready. I have my strategies and plans in place so am just looking forward to getting back to full time now. Always ready to recommend Babypips to my friends and happy to admit, I have learned more here than anywhere else! Cheers.

9 Likes

Hi, I am Mr. Gone, my avartar doe not reflect Mr Gone character because it is not MG, it’s Roy Bathy from Blade Runner, a replicant designed to be identical to humans except for their emotions, replicants aren’t suppossed to have emotions. I was soppossed to be a Replicant Trader but it is not posible to control emotions.

I’ve been trading for more than three years now but recently i’ve been profitable so i guess all sacrifice worth it. Anyway, I am a big fan of price action, it means no indies.

Regards.

Here i leave you with a drawing of MR Gone:

9 Likes

Hello all,i’m Eric,a newbie,hope for help from you.nice to be here

9 Likes

Greetings, my name is celvortex, I’m an aussie and I’ve been (demo)trading for only a month, with [I]some[/I] success. I went thru Pips school and was very impressed (altho some of the pop references went below the …radar). I want to learn how to place trades properly, and I want to learn the ZEN of it all…I’ve quickly learnt that all that INFO out will effing eat you for breakfast if you let it and pop decisions are for the veterans (although you could easily trade well on central bank decisions lately). I have seen enough to realize I can do this well eventually, but I also see that is some way off yet…

8 Likes

Hi all,

I’m Souljie and just want to say it’s nice to be part of this community!

I’m from Australia - I notice a few Aussies around the forums. I’ve been reading about forex and dabbling in demo accounts since August so I’m still a newbie. Been through the Babypips school which I thought was a great introduction. Now I’m reading more on individual strategies - looking more at swing/position trading at this stage as I still have a full time job. Just opened a small live account and hope to be trading on it next month to get the real feeling. I’m already sure it will have a different psychological impact to demo trading for me so I’m diving in!

Happy trading all!

7 Likes

Hi there Mr Gone,

Just read your post with interest; forgive me (being a complete newbie) but what is indies??

Many thanks

Jessey :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Celvortex

Just read your post above here and am curious (am currently in Pips School), what is ‘pop references’?? I’m completely new so please bear with me!

Many thanks
Jessey :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How’s it going, everyone? It looks like the party’s getting hot in here so I’m gonna jump right in and introduce myself!

I’m Forex Ninja, resident market industry spy among the FX-men.

Aside from keeping track of the latest developments in forex regulation, broker practices, and trading products, I also monitor the Trade of the Week contest. You can get the latest scoop on all these and more in my Espipionage blog.

I guess you can say that my espionage skills often carry over to the world of Hollywood celebrities since one of my guilty pleasures is to read celebrity gossip columns. With that, don’t be surprised if I post a few updates on the latest hook-ups and break-ups through my Twitter or Facebook accounts, haha.

That’s all I got for now! Welcome to the BabyPips.com community and I’d love to see y’all around!

6 Likes

Hi, my name is Sam. I live North-east of London. I originally was interested in the Stock market and begun my trading career there. I stumbled across the Forex markets and loved them from day 1. I now trade forex full-time. I am a day trader. I am also a husband, father of 2(soon to be 3) and love life!

6 Likes

hello again
Have been recently made excruciatingly aware of the vagarities of the market lately, I placed a trade to buy AUD/JPY and got sverely trounced!!! Back to the drawing board for me. Oh, and to jessey126, I was referriing to the references to pop culture, which, as an aussie, I could see as being a bit different to my own pop culture…was that diplomatic enough?
Celvortex

3 Likes

Hi Im Dea8

I did a 2 day course on Forex at the beginning of August so I feel like I have a lot to learn. Ive just joined GFT after switching from ETX Capital because I think Dealbook 360 is great but also because GFT Webinars are really good (No, I am not someone secretly working for GFT, even if it sounds like it!).

Anyway if you are looking for a broker but feel like you need help with technical analysis Id recommend them because their daily webinar which takes you through it is very good for beginners and intermediates.

So that’s it pretty much. Keen to learn but taking it easy & starting small…

2 Likes

Sam, can I ask you how long it took you to really get a handle on formulating your own strategy and that moment when you felt “I know how to read charts well enough to be totally comfortable with executing my trades” etc if that makes sense. I feel like after 2 months of work, the scales are starting to fall away from my eyes but I also know I am not quite there yet. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Dea8

2 Likes

Hello.

My name is Jorge and i am from Lisbon, Portugal (Euro zone).
I only got in contact with Forex a couple of months ago trough a friend that is a successful trader. The first thing he pointed was Babypips and i am glad he did. My knowledge past from a confuse could to a good overview of the big picture.
Although the temptation is strong i decided not to open a live account until a accomplish positive 3 to 6 months in my demo account .
I have a prosthodontics degree and before that a frequented busyness management school (didnt finish).
I see Babypips School has a genuine online course. Its very interesting and perfectly explained. I can even get amused while reading. Congratulations for such a good work for the Babypips team. (Who wrote the school texts ? Would like to know. :slight_smile: )
I have a private pilot license and dream about getting to the “Big Money”, go “easy” on my job and buy myself a new stunt plane. After all dreaming is steel free of charge (for now).
I am at the “Undergraduate” phase and trying to set up a trading plan.
Best of luck to you all. May all of your wishes come true.

Best Regards: GitoAtom (screen name) aka Jorge

3 Likes

I analysed the markets and traded demo part-time for about 3 months but I was getting nowhere. I then spent 2 weeks full-time searching the internet and babypips to see what strategies others were using and created my own strategy.
After using this strategy for 5 weeks demo and seeing consistent profits I went real full-time but it was a steep learning curve for the first 2 weeks at least.
Hope this helps?
I do day trade. Perhaps for swing traders and others longer may be needed as I was testing my startegy every day for 5 weeks and was happy.If your strategy is proven profitable and keeping risk to a minimum then I would say it is time to go real. But feeling comfortable? I never feel totally comfortable. Each trade gives me a nervous/excited rush.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for that Sam. I am very impatient about getting successful but I have to remember it takes time and I have a lot to learn. Its good to know that even if things get challenging, with hard work and perseverance, it will come good in the end. Not always easy as I already know when things go against you its tempting to jack it in!

thanks again Sam

1 Like

Hello I,m from Vienna VA. I have zero trading experience. I joined to help me learn to paper trade. Taking on line course at fexexmentorpro. Hope to learn trading so when i go the the philippines I can trade there.

3 Likes

Hi All,

Just started to research if this FX trading is a future direction for me. Currently in Telecoms wanting to move away from it, but still looking to be challenged & excited.

Just took the preschool quiz & only got 56%, so I need to go back to the start again :slight_smile:

In advance I’d like to thank you all for your input & help along the way.

ST

2 Likes