Who am I?

I have come to babypips on the advice of someone who is a trader, as well as a director, of an FX company.
In speaking with him about a future in the FX markets in order to supplement my retirement income (soc sec), he sent me a link to this site, and I am grateful to him for that suggestion.
I thought the FX market was someplace where I had to have a BS in economics from some university or college, but have discovered from the school lessons here that there is no secret formula from some “Ivy League school” (I say that facetiously) in order to make a decent living.
Not saying that I do not have higher education learning behind me, as I have 68 credit hours of formal training in journalism/computer graphics/radio communications, and another 40 hrs of non credited classes in such diverse subjects as management, accounting, business law, and, [U]of course[/U], political philosophy. :slight_smile:
I have learned more about markets, in general, in the short time I have been here than what was learned in the past 40 years of wondering what made the markets work. It seems to me that what I am learning here could be used in whatever market one would want to invest their time in.
As soon as I get through the High School level in these school lessons, I am going to get a Demo version of the FX trading system and use up about three to four months of my time practicing with that Demo to see if what I have learned has and can be beneficial to supplementing my income.
From time to time I will be asking, probably, some, what to me, will be dumb questions about the FX markets.
So in advance I would like to apoligize for any stupidity on my part.

Never a stupid question we are all learners no matter what experience =) Welcome aboard