Hello from a Deployed Soldier

Hello everyone another Newb to FX here. I am currently deployed on a security mission in Kuwait. Originally from NY, upstate that is. I am young but i try not to act my age. I have experience swing trading and day trading stocks. Also minimal experience trading directional options. I own a debt collection agency back in the states. I am looking to get into the FX market mostly because i consider myself a technical analysis kind of guy. I work 11 hour shifts here, we do not get much downtime. I am dedicating a large portion of my spare time to learning Forex. All help is welcome. If anyone can steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for this opportunity.

Thank you for your service! :57:

Thank you.

jwtorriere,

Glad to have you on board. First, we want to electronically shake your hand and thank you for your service to this country and to the countries that depend on the US for aid and security. Many of our staff have or had family and friends serving in the military or public services, so we appreciate and understand what your commitment provides to our way of life.

Back to Forex, you’ll best be served by starting with the School of Pipsology. It aims to lay the foundation for your forex trading. There’s a great deal of information to read through, so take your time, take some of the lesson quizzes while you’re reading, and ask plenty of questions in our forums. There’s a great bunch of members here who are willing to lend a hand and share some wisdom.

Stay safe and happy trading!

Pipstradamus

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, it is much appreciated. I have started the school. In the little down time that we do get in between mission, is usually spent in the school. It is hands down the most useful and informative resource I have used so far. Once again thanks for having me on board.

Anything we can collectively do to help, just ask - there’s a lot of knowledge spread around these boards, and from what I know of a few of the guys on here, you won’t find us short of advice and assistance should you want it.

As others have said, it is the least we can do considering how you spend your working day.

ST