Introducing myself

Hello all

I’ve been a member for a short while and a bit apprehensive to join in as I have very limited knowledge and experience and am still fumbling around in the dark with not much to offer yet. I’m still very new to forex trading and trading as a whole but I’m in it for the long haul and determined to make it work. I am still filtering through a lot of information on how I’d like to trade, times, trading personality and mindset etc so things are a little confusing still.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated and I hope that in the future I can be just as helpful to others.

Del5000

Please have a look at the sticky thread on Newbie island called "What every new and or aspiring trader wants to know"
by Innercircletrader.

Thank you. I had already read it before posting so I must be going in the right direction. Very informative.

I have only two suggestion first start demo account and create your own strategy for trading, Is will help you a lot, Best of luck.

Hello and welcome!
I am Barret from Australia. I am new here. want to share experiences with all members
Thanks

Hello thanks for replying. I have live accounts with ETX and FXCM because I decided the demo account would either give me false hopes or I’d never get into live trading. The fxcm microlot account lets me trade pennies per pip rather than £s and it’s a good way to learn how to be consistent with money management and creating a trading plan while not risking large amounts.

Hello Barret
Are you also new to trading? I am finding there’s so much information out there on trading psychology and also on techniques and strategies that’s it’s taking a long time to filter through out the relevant bits. Knowing a bit too much about some things has made me second guess myself at times so my trading plan has suffered. Have you experienced this?

My suggestion is try Hotforex demo account even there is demo competition is going on.

I know what you mean, some times too much info does not help your trading. My advice is to focus in two topics:

Support/Resistance
Price Action

If you master these then you need nothing else to be profitable.

Thank you I will check it out

thank you yunny1. I will take that into account

Hello, Del5000. I am staphy, is a newbie to forex also. I have been traded with demo account and have same thought with you that it giving a false hope. So, I started my real trading micro lot account on last month. And now, I feel more dedicated to forex cause it using real money, if not, I wouldn’t have the motivation to know what’s going on forex. Haha…so, let’s cheers!!!

Your welcome Del5000, please lets us know whenever you go with live and again best of luck :slight_smile:

Hi Del,

I agree with Yunny; support/resistance and price action (interpreting raw price) will take you long ways.
There’s a great price action thread going on at 301 Moved Permanently , you’re very welcome to check it out and throw up some chart/trade ideas of your own.

Cheers!

venturing to the world of forex will open seas and oceans of many many things, whenever you get lost always remember to go back to the basics, that will serve as your compass :slight_smile: and best of luck… S&R and price auction never fails, stick to them and try to master them, it works wonders :slight_smile:

Welcome to the BabyPips.com community! See you around :slight_smile:

Welcome to the board, Del5000, you can enjoy your off market time here in babypips.
I believe you had already in live trading. you can share some stories with us.

Hello guys been member since 2 yrs but never post so just starting today, cheers!