Starting the steep climb of knowledge, enjoying every step

Hi guys, My name is Rob, I’ve been a software developer/team manager for years, and had some decent carrier success creating accounting systems, web sites, transaction web services etc…

I’ve had some hardships in my life and some poor habits when I was younger that kept me from building up a nest egg. Now things have changed and I have some money to play with investments.

The last two months I’ve researched the equity market, futures, and now Forex. Forex seems to fit my personal brain style, and I feel in charge of my money, so I’m throwing my sails to the wind and trying to chart the forex sea.

I have been following babypips for some time, mostly as a lurker, and the school of pipsology is a fantastic tool thankyou!

I traded paper trading for about a month trying different software, Mt4 is truly cool, and having the ability to code indicators and automated trades seems very powerful to a guy like me. I haven’t created anything from scratch yet, but have taken things in the community here or in other forums and tweaked them to my own liking, the code seems rather easy to understand.

I hope to learn what makes the pips and what looses them, then start creating programs to do the order processing, Of course its understandable that the market ever changes and will require constant tweaking but I’m up for the challenge. I hope than in the next 6 months or so I can potentially use my code monkey gene to give back to this community in the form of indicators and EA’s.

Looking forward to progressive interaction,
~Rob

Best of luck to you Rob,
i’m also an IT guy and sometimes it’s not easy to map our knowledge to this business

Thanks for the reply killer,

In what way do you find the knowledge mapping difficult?
I’m assuming you feel your doing well with technical, but fundamental and sentimental are completely alien as that is what i’m getting hit with.

I find forex extremely fascinating, my extra time on the computer isn’t browsing youtube and facebook anymore, its studying forex with eyes of a kid in a candy store. I usually do well with things I enjoy, but can see getting fatigued if i become a big loser… here’s to fingers crossed of continued interest.