Oil movement

Hello Viewers

I am just wondering what kind of fundementals news all these things that moves oil up and moves it down and which countrys economy moves oil prices…because sometime oil price jumps more than 200 pip in seconds , when i checked news there is not even 1 importent…WHO MOVES THE PRICE:17: i have lost 4000$ on one oil trade once in few seconds…

Hi,

Your post caught my eye coz I like OIL (generally) and was in an OIL trade last week.
Sorry for the large loss (was it on demo or live?)

Apart from knowing the CANADIAN economy has a correlated effect to OIL, I don’t know the other (fundamental) details… and honestly I don’t need to. I believe that the action of the price itself (in relation to repeated key levels) can show where price is likely to be headed next (example of last trade below).

There’s always NEWS coming out daily ( and governments/banks/etc causing it/reacting to it ). I would be lost ( and end up with many headaches ) trying to figure all that out.

Cheers.

Hello dudest

That trade was on live account , i dont know what happen there i know it happens once a week like drops one time without any reason but why… this is where it happened…

I can’t see your chart very clearly but there have been either threats to release, or actual releases of oil from the US strategic reserve to keep a cap on pricing.

It hits hard, like you have seen.

Sorry, can’t see your chart clearly.

Cyco has given a likely reason in the post above.

On a separate note, did you use position sizing when entering the position that lost? Or you were reaching for a ‘big win’? You needn’t have lost so much :confused: