Calling all 'Absolute' Beginners

Hi Fellow Newbies :slight_smile:

My name is Jessey and you’ll see I ask ‘lots’ of questions on this Babypips website. FYI, I’m into my 6th week here now - I finished BP school - and am now just starting to look at charts etc on a demo a/c.

As many have said, ‘the’ best way I’m sure for newbies to learn is to study here at BP School (which I did diligently - taking notes, asking questions etc etc). The folk (experienced ones) here at BP are very generous with their time and indulging us newbies with their expertise and advice. I really don’t think there is a better or more legit place for folks like us to come and learn - and it’s all free, which makes it all the more incredible.

Anyway, the reason for my post here is to give one piece of advice - which I myself did ‘not’ follow. And that is to demo trade ‘as you go along’ learning in the school. It’s been recommended by many, for us newbies to then go practice on the demo a/c with charts etc, ie everything that we’ve just learned in school.

I personally did ‘not’ do this and it is to my detriment. The reason I didn’t do it is that the learning part was easier for me (not that I’ve learned everything - not by a long stretch) but that was far ‘easier’ for me to ‘study’ than to do the practical - I am very nervous of computers and all things techie - slightly older generation and so that part is completely out of my comfort zone.

I’m sure for the young 'uns, you’ll have no such hesitation and will just steam on in. Just my 2 cents worth - I wish I had demo traded alongside my learning at BP (as was suggested by my fellow pipsters); I ignored that very sage advice - not out of ignorance but because of my being afraid to play around with charts etc.

I’ve now made my first dive into the demo a/c. In a long winded way (and not very succinct - I apologize :)) but from a ‘total’ newbie to forex and all things techie, I ‘strongly’ urge and recommend all fellow newbies to do the two in tandum - ie study here at BP school ‘and’ then apply what you’ve just learned with charts etc on a demo a/c immediately thereafter. Learn from my very obvious mistake…

I had thought if I study all the way through school and ‘then’ practise with the demo a/c, that that would make sense - however, I now see that was ‘not’ the way to go - because you just can’t remember everything from several weeks ago.

So do the theory and then the practical is my advice from a complete and utter newbie. Sorry this went on a bit, forgive the rambling…

And a very warm welcome to BabyPips…

Jessey :slight_smile:

Hi Jessey , I did make a big mistake too. I traded in real account right after one week since I started with demo account. However, I have managed my account in positive side:59:

Hey Jessey, nice to hear about your progress. Keep at it brother :slight_smile:

hey all,
just gone live…again… last time i was reckless and just dabbling. now in the books, on the forums and ready to win some pips! happy trading all

are you sure you are ready? that’s a honest question.
anyway, good luck, abc!

Well, we all here have blown at least one account, that is for sure.

i’ve blown a lot! i think a few did better and did not blow even one account when they were starting out

A huge thank you !! any suggestion where to get a demo?

Hey alecm,

Please keep questions out of the Introduce Yourself forum. All questions should be asked in another forum. We’d like to keep the Introduce Yourself forum just for introductions. Thanks!

Your question has been posted to Newbie Island here.

Pipstradamus

Thanks, Jessey! This is a great piece of advice, as I am going through pip school myself and am having a hard time retaining the knowledge without actually applying it to practice. :smiley: