Aloha Everyone!

My name is Ebisu. I got the name from the Japanese God of Good Fortune who resembles a merchant trader of fish. Fish…FOREX, at least he is a trader of something that started with an F :slight_smile: Regardless, I hope to bring (as well as gain) Good Fortune to/from the BabyPips.com forum. My free time is centered around golf, staying fit, Zen meditation, and Kendo (Japanese fencing). I seem to have less and less free time these days though…

I live in Honolulu, HI and (I’m not complaining) it is a difficult place to trade from. First, there is only one other person that I know of that is interested in trading spot FOREX. That is why I’m joining the BabyPips forum, I need some like minded folks to collabo with and hopefully meet a mentor (or two) to model myself after. Second, the timezone difference (Hawaii -10 GMT) is a challenge. I wake up at 6am to catch the 2nd half of NYC until 7 or 8am. Then I go to the 9-5 and don’t eat lunch until I check the (Tokyo) markets at 2-3pm. Finally, go home and catch the London after 9pm sometimes until midnight (or later).

I’ve been paper trading and reading everything i can get my hands on (inconsistently) for a couple of years now. Over the weekend I decided it was time to fund an account. Not a lot of money, but enough to make my wife nervous :slight_smile: It doesn’t matter that I don’t really know what I’m doing yet. I consider myself a full time trader now and I will be consistent (at trading).

Well, I guess that’s it! Sorry for the long post, I look forward to learning from everyone…newbie to veteran.

Warmest Aloha,
Ebisu

Hello and welcome, Ebisu!

Glad to have you on board! I hope you find what you’re looking for here. Plenty of helpful members around. :wink:

Hola! If I was trading out of HI I’d be searching the swell and riding those waves all day long!! I’m new and if I ever become a full time successful veteran there will be three fx traders on the ridge :wink: peace and pips my friend :slight_smile:

Aloha BP,

Thanx! It’s good to be here!

Ebisu

Aloha kaya75,

I look forward to becoming successful right along with you. I’ve got an extra board waiting for you so let’s help each other trade better so you can get out here to use it!

Ebisu

Now there’s a sweet offer! Hope it works :smiley: lol, I’m in the UK so I’m in the GMT time zone but I’d rather be up in the middle of the night and in the line up out back, in your yard! Peace, pips and glassy swells to you :slight_smile:

Hey ebisu, Hows the trading going? I’m recovering using ict’s 20 pip scalp, led me to 7% gains this week on the GBP/usd pair. Peace and pips kaya :slight_smile:

Yo Kaya! I’m currently down 10 pips on USD/JPY. Just trading the news. We’ll see how it goes. It’s getting late here in Hawaii. Last week was a holiday so I didn’t trade. Keep up the good work! I might have to check out ICT!

Aloha,
Ebisu

Happy holidays! sweet :slight_smile: Yeah ict, ict’s threads helped me lots but I can’t say he’ll suit your style, but there’s a lot of sense in his risk, plan and execution methods - for me anyhow, hopefully for you too :slight_smile: 10 pips anit bad, wishing you a nice set coming through. Interesting that you trade news, I avoid it. It’s techs and price action for me at the moment. I’ve watched new events unfold on the market and often thought about trading off them. What timeframes are you in? Yeah I got hurt in the first couple of weeks, overtrading, bottelling out and trading against the overall bias but I learnt a lot, and recovered 7% in total so I’m 2% up on the month so far… but a couple of bad trades this week and ill be hurtin! Easy now, Peace and pips :slight_smile:

Happy Holidays to you as well! Where did 2012 go? It can’t almost be X-Mas! Yeah, I checked out ICT. I really liked the video about Market Makers consolidating during the Asian market. That sets up the MM’s for the London session for a huge price swing. It was the video on the ICT youtube channel “Exploring The Asian Range”. You should check that out. Add that to your bag of tricks. It’s winter time here so the surf is too massive. Good time to study charts and work on my business plan. The first couple of weeks of your trading are meant for you to make mistakes. That is the only way you can learn! Still up 2% means you are learning from those mistakes. Smart! The USD/JPY trade that I was down 10 on has swung back around…still in it, and up 3.5 pips! I’m not smart though, just lucky :slight_smile: Pip, Pip, Hooray!

Aloha,
Ebisu

Hey, good to hear the usd/jpy turned in your favour did you hold it? I watched the Asian market vid last night made huge sense, cheers for the heads up btw, interesting about the market makers consolidating too piggy back! (Lifes easier when you are carried by giants!) I practiced this morning on GBP/USD London open, I was up for a sell too, I thought the overall was bias towards bearish, but looking at the Asian range made me worried, I thought it looked “choppy” but I went with a buy, I was late entering has I missed the initial dip, and
was waiting for another dip to get in, but I went in at about 10:30 GMT and was out at 11:40, with 1.5 pips lol!!, I bailed to be fair, the market was flatlining and my instinct was bearish, but in the end ict’s Asian range method came through :slight_smile: he is da guru for sure, I bagged 25ish pips on a sell at London close, looking at the charts this week on the usd/gbp you see big and fast retracments at close. I’m waiting for tomorrows asian, its awesome working to the markets rhythm too, I was trading everything and nothing before I found babypips and icts vids. Last day of the month too, but even if I lose my full risk tomorrow ill still be 5% up overall and the biggest bonus is I know exactly my process that I entered the trades and know some of why they went the why they did, I’m 16 bad 29 good this month and most of the goods come after I spent the day studying ict, nice. Hehe, its -3 degrees here at the mo and we’ve burnt 10tons of wood since August!! ,I can only imagine those breaks when you get the winter swells and howling onshores, you guys must feel encapsulated in a avalanche!! Awe inspiring… Anyhow take it easy, Happy pips and good studies
Kaya

HI Friends,
i want you to help me get started with forex trading ,a successful forex trading

Regards

I did hold it, and similar to you I bailed at at gigantic 3.5 pips. Yeah!!! LoL. As for the ICT Asian market vid w/ the MM strategy, that IS standing on the shoulders of giants. That’s how you touch the sky :slight_smile: Since it is 3 degrees there, I will not discuss the weather or the waves here :wink: If you keep working hard at this, maybe you can be my neighbor some day? Until then, study and work hard my friend. I’ll keep a board waxed and some beers on ice…

Aloha,
Ebisu

Royalforex,

I am just as new as you. My advice would be to commit the baby pips school lessons to memory. Then start to ask questions, be methodical. Put in the work!