NEWBIE ! POOSNIP. Just Joined UK based

Hi all…

I have just joined babypips and I think this is an exellent forum!

My question(s):

1. Where do I start? (I am going to use this site) but my question concerns setting up my desk etc…

2. Which Trading platforms does one start with? MT4? MT5?.

3. I dont trust my bank as a dealer, but they offer CFC services… I should be greatful for any alternatives or corrections to my reasoning… I am open to any advice though.

4. Can anyone suggest any other reading resources?

Please read on…

I am UK based and this will be my first foray into FX, I think it is an advantage that I have had no previous dealings in any of the exchanege traded markets…

I just REad “BEAT THE FOREX DEALER” by Agustin Silvani! It was a GReat read… Gonna read it again. Stangly, it was an easier to digest than “Currency trading for Dummies” … I aim to arm myself with as much knowledge as possible before really going into the this stuff… I find it fascinating and a little strange but I aint no Fool, neither am i Impulsive.

I prefer fast paced trading, I figure I am impatient and need to be engaged and I have an eye for analysis…In fact the idea of Macro level events affecting the markets is a big turn on for me, but even bigger still is the market’s dynamic within itself. I want to understand how this thing works…and how to position myself properly to get wins…

Good luck start here
School of Pipsology What is Forex?

As far as setting up your desk only you can do it how you like it. Only advise I can give you there is get confterable