Re: interesting ride in the market for the last few days

Hi all,

Again, I wanted to mention that I am a newbie as far as Forex is concerned and not the “seasoned” Forex trader, but am very comfortable with Mutual Funds and what I do with my assets during these fluxuating times. By Mutual Funds, I mean large companies who have my funds “growing” while I learn Forex. Large companies like Fidelity, MacKenzie, Invesco, BMO, Dynamic Etc.

These companies send out blurbs continually letting us know what is going on in the market place, but it is up to us to decide for ourselves what it is that we would like to do and then act on it.

Today, I noted that most everything in the markets have taken a nose dive after the FED news.(nothing new to you here at Babypips), but I also noticed that all metals have gone down specifically gold …down to its lowest level since Sept. 2010. With gold’s downward turn, (I also know that June is wedding season and that many countries in the world buy gold as a gift…for eg. India)which has kept Gold bouyant. Thus, the turn is not only due to the market news, but also due to something that is happening during a specific time for a specific reason…therefore, I moved my Bonds (low rate) into Gold…Gold, whether it goes up or down over the next little while, will have been bought for a “long term” in my investments at a very good rate while I watch the markets.

I also know that this is a very good time for a “seasoned” Forex trader to make some moves as the end of June (and of course the end of Dec) is the time that the Banks, Mutual Fund companies et al, make changes to their Portfolio and this is going to be a rough ride for those of us who are newbies…so I’m sticking to my Long Term Investments for the time being…I’m a cautious type of gal…LOL

Sharron