Hello World

Hi all,

I just checked my account status and realised that I had been a member since Sep 2012 and was yet to post! I went to Reading Uni in UK and studied international securities and investment banking and graduated in 2008 (oh dear :rolleyes: ) I have been following the forex markets for a good few years and trying to understand technical analysis. I am keen to learn MQL4 so as to a) check my emotions and b) give me a good grasp of Programming Language vaguely similar to C++ (perhaps the title gave it away!). I have been following a few basic trading strategies namely crossing moving averages and day by day moving averages - working full time 40 plus hours I am keen to find a strategy that is nice and steady and does not require to much intraday action - one thing I have learnt on demo accounts is that to trade somebody else’s strategy can be challenging when their lifestyle does not directly correlate to yours. I am interested in the tax efficient status of spread betting with Forex as a parallel investment alongside a pension. I look forward to becoming more involved and hopefully offering my 2 cents as and when I can.