Hey everybody!

Yo Traders!

My name’s Sharkey, I’m based out of Stockholm in Sweden, and I just quit my day job in construction to trade full-time!

Started out trading stock index futures and CFDs but have now settled on FX, especially the GBP/JPY as there is plenty nice intraday moves during European market hours. Piptastic!

My style is Five Animals Naked FX, on the 5 min charts. Using only candlestick kung-fu and moving average-jitsu I hope to master the ancient art of Pip Procurement-Do (ok that’s enough).

I have been reading books and paper-trading on and off for many years now, during 2013 this passing interest became a burning desire to break free and “work” for myself.

I have a $10,000 trading account and hope to average $200 a day profit by taking with-trend swing trades and scalping the tops and bottoms of trading ranges. I risk no more than $200 per trade (2%). Once this has been shown to be profitable I will invest $10,000 more, then work on increasing my position sizes (currently one standard lot).

My first full-time week was last week and I took out $600 at the end of the week. Today I was actually up ±$900 at one point until a monster pullback ran my stop and left me running for the hills crying like a little girl with a “meagre” $330 profit for the day. All in all a good start to my fledgeling day trading career.

Looking forward to seeing what I can learn from you guys!

Peace out,

Sharkey

Welcome it does sound as though you are going in the right direction…,

Carry on pipping :0)

I was thinking of quiting my day job 2…

But have to wait for know…

Hello Sharkey! Glad to see you in our forex forum community. Thanks for sharing your story and trading strategy, hope you do well in your day trading career. See you around!