Steve Ruffley - Tradermaker

Hi All

I have been involved in the finance and trading arena for over a decade. From investing for HNWI’s at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, trading my own account to mentoring and the risk management of traders at Refco, there is not much I have not done. From a trading perspective there is a wealth of experience to draw from making the education I provided totally unique.

TraderMaker.com was formed 3 years ago to allow people of all trading experience to have access to free and exclusive trading education. Having such a passion for trading my mission is to make trading accessible to everyone by demystifying trading jargon and breaking down all the elements needed in order to understand and trade the markets

I am the Chief Market strategist at Intertrader and hold weekly trading clinics on FXstreet

I own Tradermaker, Tradermaker PRO and Iview Charts

I welcome any question both fundamentally and technically!

Cheers

Steve

Great to have you here, Steve!

How long have you been trading and what are your usual trading strategies?

Thanks!

Hi Huck

Too long!!

I’ve been trading for about 10 years. I’ve been at Refco, Marex and even managed Schneiders for a while.

Usual strategies are tapping into the self fulfilling prophecy of technical analysis. So look for the RSI and DeM on the H1 for reversals. I tie in the Bollinger bands and then generally overlay a Fibonacci retracement looking for the 50%.

Other than that I trade news. I have traded 36 consecutive NFP (for my ‘day job’) in front of a few hundred people, have only lost money twice, again I use 5 min continuation/reversal patterns to enter the trades then ride out the fundamental bias!

Good to speak to you

Steve