SA newbie wanabe forex trader

Hi all, i’m simon and new to forex, but have been demo trading for 3mths now on the MT4 platform.
From south africa.
So wondering about :

Any other SA traders here? if so…
What platforms are being used, and which to stay away from?
any advice on which broker? and any for small small super mini accounts from which to start.

further, i have lost $4000 on the demo, down to $400, but slowly built back up to $1050 in 2 weeks. Thanks to BabyPips for the fun, educational way in which your info is presented.

Cant wait to hear from other SA’s.

cheers

Let me be the first Canadian to welcome you to Babypips :slight_smile: Good luck on your journey!

Hello! Not really from South Africa but I’d like to give you a warm welcome to our forex community just the same. Glad to know you’re having fun learning about forex basics in our site. See you around!

Hi Sike01,

Also just joined the forums, from SA. I have demo accounts at NetoTrade, FXCM and Oanda, the last two give you virtual money to play with at least. Have you done the school yet?

I [I][B]think[/B][/I] Oanda and FXCM let you open accounts with minimal deposits, Neto wants $500 minimum, which as you will know is no small amount in ZAR.

B

Hello am from Zimbabwe welcome to babypips