Hola, guten tag, nǐ hǎo, bonjour and Hello!

Yet another new trader looking to make the pilgrimage from the mundane and boring 9 to 5 to the exciting world of ForEx trading! I hail from the US of A (Maryland to be specific) and look forward to a long and prosperous relationship with Lady Forex…

So far, am in Elementary School in the University of Pipsology and have opened demo accounts with Oanda and Forex.com. I am a Computer Programmer by trade and specialize in data analysis, so I hope that these skills come in handy while doing this.

I have looked at several systems out there and some of them seem pretty nice if not complex. This may be because I am not used to it yet, or just that I have the way I like to do things stuck in my head. Regardless, if I ask really off the wall questions, there is probably a method to my madness that is not very obvious. SOOOO in advance I would like to say thank you for any inputs and advice that you may give as well as having to put up with me :32:

Sincerely,

David Minder aka shoreteknow

Greetings David and welcome to the community! I’m not a big systems guy, but it’s always something I’ve wanted to get into! So, I’m always glad to see new members who are into it and looking forward to what you come up with. I do want to leave one thought with ya before I go: you don’t have to be a perfect trader to make money–develop your processes to cut losers quick and press winners while limiting risk. Do that and I think you’ll be alright. Good luck bud!

Thank you for the advice and I am certainly taking it to heart. In my profession usually you have to have proof of concept before you can do much else…seems to be the same here! Now, back to my Japanese Candle Sticks!!

I’m not an expert (in Forex most of us are always in Elementary School :wink: but if you are not good controlling your emotions, once you think you have gotten a potentially good system, try to automate it so you don’t have the temptation of entering/exiting the positions in the wrong moment. Have a good trading