FxTaTrader here introducing myself. Good luck to all in your trading

Hello all. I know this website for more than a year now and decided to introduce myself.

I am busy trading by using automated trading systems, doing technical analysis for my manual trading etc. etc. I learn every day in different ways like reading articles as e.g. on this website, checking YouTube, following courses and doing my own research. I trade based on Technical analysis and avoid important news.

It started with the Stock Exchange in The Netherlands in the early 1990’s and after a few years I was trading on the Nasdaq. Not really there but with my PC at home. I traded with stocks, options and futures. My market interest has changed from stocks to currencies.

That is it, but if anyone likes to ask anything then I will be glad to answer. For more information you can also check my website, that I cannot post here but take a wild guess, and find me on Twitter @FxTaTrader

Good luck to all in your trading. Kind regards,

FxTaTrader

Hey FxTaTrader!

What pairs and how often do you usually trade? Thanks!

Huck

Hello Huck,

I trade all the major currency pairs. However, for my manual trading I filter weekly the ones with the best chances and concentrate on those. If you want to know more details I will explain, just let me know. How about you, What pairs do you usually trade?

I trade automated very often, at least 2 times a day. These are systems from everywhere that I have tested and feel confident with. I trade manual a lot less because I only trade a few pairs at a time and by preference not intraday. However, sometimes I may place more than 3 orders a day and sometimes less than 3 in a week.

My manual trades are focused on a few currency pairs and I try to take profit on a daily basis so in that sense it is intraday trading. That is why the amount of trades are quite high. It goes too far to explain here but if you are interested I will go into more detail. How about you, how often do you trade?

FxTaTrader

I manually trade the major currency pairs (EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, and USD/CHF) but I use indicators like Stochastic and SMAs. I’m usually a swing trader but I also like putting on day or news trades once in a while. :slight_smile:

Hello Huck, nice to know.

I know the Stochastics and it is a fine indicator but I do not use it for some specific reasons that are known about some oscillators. That is the overbought and oversold area in times of a good trend. Of course there must be some way to deal with it but I prefer indicators that keep showing the development of price so to speak.

I also use the MA’s but not directly. I use the MACD indicator that makes use of MA’s. I also use the Bollinger Band which uses an MA too. Last but not least I use the MA’s from the Ichimoku indicator which are a special type of MA.

The major currency pairs that you trade I do trade them also but sometimes it is nice too when trading a pair where news is not all the time in the way. As you know there is a lot of USD news all the time. I am looking for my next trades at the NZD/CAD.

I believe you are very active on babypips, right? Are you one of the founders or something like that?

Rg. FxTaTrader

euro/usd I am a day trader I like to trade all time

Hello Huck and DLAME213,

Right now I have the luxury being at home but in many cases I cannot be on top of my PC for trading on Forex. For that reason I do not trade intraday. However, the way I trade I know in advance what positions to take based on the higher time frames >= 4 hours.

It is part of my strategy trying to take daily profit so my targets are many times between 20 to 50 pips or so. As soon a target is reached I place the order again so in case of temporary draw down position will be opened again.

So I do not do any intraday analysis on smaller time frames < 4 hours to decide what trades to make during the day. Simply because that does not work for me.

Rg. FxTaTrader

FxTaTrader,

Yeah, I have been with the FX-Men for a while and I do post my trades on the blogs. How’s your NZD/CAD setup coming along? Do you have any open trades yet?

Hello Huck,

It is a very nice website and you and your colleagues are doing a great job. I learned quite a lot from this website and went through the whole school of pipsology too and picked up important need to knows.

The NZD/CAD is asking a lot of patience because it is consolidating the last days. I learned on Forex that patience can save a lot of money so I wait. I believe however that the break out to the upside is very near, maybe in the coming days.

Actually, I have a demo account on MyFxBook where the trades can be followed, I am also doing some practice with new strategies, that’s why. If you are interested, just search for FxTaTrader and you will find it. If I open a trade in the coming days I will let you know on this thread, is that ok?

There is an article on my blog regarding the NZD/CAD, see Twitter @FxTaTrader for more information.
Have a nice weekend all and good luck in all your trading coming week.