Noob Intro

I’ve always been awful at these-- hey there! Happy to join a Forex community that breaks it down nice and easy for the new guys, rather than taking advantage of us.

What started off as a simple search to learn how to exchange CAD to USD as cheaply as possible turned into fascination, as I’d never heard about the concept of Forex before-- and the possibility of one day doing it full-time only further intrigued me.

I’ve been going through the babypips schooling, and the further I get into it the more interested I become (Reading the elementary section now).

I recently immigrated to the U.S. from Canada, and I’m not legally allowed to work/run a business until I receive my work authorization document (roughly 4 months). So I’ve been trying to dedicate my time to [B][U]something[/U][/B].

Opening up a demo account (for 4 months) and learning everything I can in that time is what I plan on doing! I’m hoping if I dedicate enough time that I may be ready to use real currency by then. I have about 10-15K to fund my account, but I’m not sure if that’s enough to do it full-time or what to really expect yet.

Anyways, thanks for having me :slight_smile:

Don’t fund your account with all your capital in the start, once your good a demo; open a live account with about $1,000 and see how it goes. Stick to the plan and keep doing that until your confident that you can make money without letting your emotions take over you. I say this because live account has a whole another level of psychology because real money is involved. I say this from past experience so please act wisely.

[QUOTE=“ethomp;622283”]I’ve always been awful at these-- hey there! Happy to join a Forex community that breaks it down nice and easy for the new guys, rather than taking advantage of us. What started off as a simple search to learn how to exchange CAD to USD as cheaply as possible turned into fascination, as I’d never heard about the concept of Forex before-- and the possibility of one day doing it full-time only further intrigued me. I’ve been going through the babypips schooling, and the further I get into it the more interested I become (Reading the elementary section now). I recently immigrated to the U.S. from Canada, and I’m not legally allowed to work/run a business until I receive my work authorization document (roughly 4 months). So I’ve been trying to dedicate my time to something. Opening up a demo account (for 4 months) and learning everything I can in that time is what I plan on doing! I’m hoping if I dedicate enough time that I may be ready to use real currency by then. I have about 10-15K to fund my account, but I’m not sure if that’s enough to do it full-time or what to really expect yet. Anyways, thanks for having me :)[/QUOTE]

How’s your demo trading going?

Hello and welcome to our forex community! Glad you found your way to our site and enjoyed learning about forex trading. How’s your demo trading going so far?

[QUOTE=“Ayyaz7;622401”]Don’t fund your account with all your capital in the start, once your good a demo; open a live account with about $1,000 and see how it goes. Stick to the plan and keep doing that until your confident that you can make money without letting your emotions take over you. I say this because live account has a whole another level of psychology because real money is involved. I say this from past experience so please act wisely.[/QUOTE]

Wise words. Take baby steps and draw a great trading plan before anything else. Then stick to it like a mantra.

Thank you for this. I’ll probably do just that! I’m sure once real money is involved, it’ll be a lot harder to stick to the strategy.

&

Thanks for the welcome! I think I worded my post poorly. I haven’t started trading demo yet, but plan on opening one asap and practicing over the next 4 months. Being able to commit all day to it as a day-trader would, since I’m not able to legally work here yet. I’m in the process of reading through these forums and looking for recommended brokers that will fit me.

Will do-- super excited to get started here!