A New Newbie

Greetings all Forex-ites
I am brand new to the world of true investing. I am really looking forward to learning here and getting a Pipology Degree, maybe even try the graduate programs :p. Forex trading seems like a wonderful place to start investing and the community here is wonderful thus far.

I tried researching investing and real estate when I was younger, but really I was looking for a get rich quick scheme and of course, was gambling not truly investing. After failing that, working in retail, being a bartender, and now working in the beer industry, I feel I learned and matured enough to give this a true shot. Maybe I can one day leave my 9 to 5 :44: (more like 8 to 7) and invest in different areas, but for now baby steps and baby pips.

I will be going through the forums and school and can’t wait to learn from everyone.

Greetings jalexander84 and welcome to the community! It sounds like you’ve already learned one of the most important lessons about getting into investing: there is no get rich quick path! I think understanding that lesson will get you in the right mindset to really learn how to trade and manage risk. Congrats on overcoming one of the first, and biggest hurdles to getting into this business, and good luck with your forex education journey :slight_smile: