New Member seeking a mentor/team

Hello! I’ll start off by saying my name is Conner McLeod, I’m a 21 year old living in Canada. I’ve just begun teaching myself FX and I have an active account of ~2200. I enjoy learning from school of pips. but being a graphic design student at the University of Manitoba, I am a visual learner. I am currently speaking with a broker overseas but I am trying to gain as much knowledge and introduce myself as much as possible so I can begin trading! Highly ambitious and yes, I am aware of the psychology behind trading. I may be young but I’ve already learnt the harsh reality of the “get rich quick” world haha. Looking forward to some feedback! Thanks fellow traders. Happy to meet you all!

Welcome :slight_smile:

I am no mentor, but I can discuss forex. For a private discussion the problem is that you are too new to send or receive PM (you need 50 posts). Maybe you can send me an email via the link by clicking my profile?

So, you’ve just “begun teaching yourself FX”, but, you are trading with an “active account of ~2000”?

I’d follow that up with this question:

When you were 16 years old, did you one day rip 5 shots of Jack Daniels straight, take your mom’s car keys, walk out the front door, start the car, drive around blasting music, merge onto a major highway and weave in an out of traffic @ 90 mph- having [I]never once driven a vehicle[/I] before?

You’re 21 and a student- I can’t imagine 2200 CAD being “chump change” to you.
If it is, then by all means use it as learning capital.
If you’re making less than 50K / year, then you’re simply donating this money to the market and irresponsibly creating bad trading habits which may be hard to break.

In my opinion, if this money is something which you’re completely fine with losing- all of it, and it will have 0 impact on the way you live- then trade away.

If the money is cash you’ve been saving for months and months, and may have an impact on your ability to pay bills / eat food, etc etc, pull the funds from your account ASAP.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to use live money to learn- to each their own- that’s your decision.
But, you need to understand that most traders will blow 1, 2, 3 accounts before they can really develop a strategy which prevents this from happening 4, 5, 6 times…

Just being real.
Jake