Forex Saved My LIfe

So here’s my story…

I started trading currency in 2004 when it was introduced to me by a good friend of mine who was actually a financial wizard. I got into demo trading and realized “hey, this is easy, the market either goes up or down” I thought to myself how hard can that be to…well read on to find out.

So after a few weeks of demo trading, no training, not much were on youtube back then I decided to go live with a trading account. I signed up with FXCM, which at the time was the most prominent forex broker in the US and started trading. First week I picked the right side of the fence, i felt good, i felt invincible, until the NFP day came into play. Not knowing anything about NFP at the time I saw the market spiked, I jumped on board. I was in profit in a matter of seconds. I was like “YEAHHHHHHH”. Got up from the computer, went to get myself a glass of OJ, came back and “WHAT THE #@$%^&*” all my gains turned to pain. The market reversed and I just watched my account depleted before my eyes in minutes.

Fast forward… I took a short break then decided to get back into forex trading and began taking it more seriously. I bought books, i went to seminars, i bought courses but I still was not making a profit and I could not figure out why. I mean, all these guys that are mentors and selling forex education are making a killing from the market, then i realized…they were making a killing off people like me.

Years went by and I struggled, until I met a renowned forex trader “Chris L” which I will not disclose. Anyway, he introduced me to price action trading and taught me how to interpret the market. I got better, but still was not consistent in making this a full-time job for me. Luckily I had 2 businesses that I owned so I was financially ok.

Then the inevitable happened, economy started to go bad, over a short period of 1 year I lost everything, my home, my business and about to lose my family. We moved to a different country pretty much to start over but things werent greener on the other side of the ocean. I was broke, and I mean broke, with a family to support there is very little I do know how to do and do it well.

I went into real estate, that was short lived with the hype of no money down crap, then I said to myself, forex is the only thing I know like the back of my hand, problem is why am I not consistently successful. I realized my problem was fear, greed and lack of discipline, so I started reading alot on the psychology of trading. After months of trying to stay afloat, boring from friends and family I finally got it, I WAS LACKING THE MENTAL CAPACITY WITHIN THE FOREX. I knew the strategies, I knew how the market worked, I just did not know how to handle my emotions and it was then I realized the importance psychology played in this business.

I took $1000.00 loan from a family member, and traded it as if my life depended on it. Technically it did, but I was disciplined, I was patient, I had the desire, the passion, the conviction for success and by the grace of God, today I can say “FOREX SAVED MY LIFE” "I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.”

If you read to this far, then you are probably in the same boat struggling to be a consistent winner. Well I am here to guide anyone here and help them achieve their goal.

Let me be blunt, without the love and desire for this business, very few makes it very far. Its not about overnight riches, its building wealth, one pip at a time. I learnt the hard way, but I was privileged to have gotten a few help along the way from some very experienced traders. I want to pass that on to you and help you in any way I can.

Good luck in trading

2 Likes

I think this thread should be in the fictional section of the forum.

It sounds like you’ve been extremely fortunate in your journey thus far.
Not many retailers are lucky enough to stumble across so many successful professionals to guide & advise them.

In order to cement your credibility & back up this inspirational journey you won’t have any objections to posting up a series of broker statements highlighting the progress of your [B]live account.[/B]

You could flip through the statement archive explaining to the members how & why you traded certain scenarios & offer everyone a current update covering the past 3 months of your activity.

I’m sure interested parties, particularly those struggling to maintain a positive expectency, will eagerly look forward to seeing the hard evidence of how someone can overcome adversity & experience real success through hard work, passion & dedication.

You can believe this is fiction my friend, but i’ve been on both side of the fence, by being able to afford anything i want to not affording a meal. God has blessed me to the point were I’ve never gone hungry, but nevertheless, its scary when you look at your bank account and money keeps going down and nothing coming in. At some point, you will do whatever necessary to survive, and lucky for me, being introduced to forex and the help i’ve had along the way paid off. I never intended forex trading to be my only source of income, nor at the time thought i’d be doing it professionally, but sometimes things happen to you in life that is only setting you up for something better down the road.

I’m not asking anyone to believe me, but i do hope by someone reading this, it can inspire them and not let circumstances hinder you from being successful. This does not only apply to forex but life in general.

You only fail when you fail to try. I’ve seen miracles happen in my life to know there is no such thing as giving up, so fiction or not its up to you and anyone else to take what they want from this.

1 Like

I can do better than that. I will post all my trades with charts explaining my every entry and exit. I will make daily commentary here. There are three things i love in this world. FOREX, FOOD and FAMILY. My 3 F’s

Excellent!
But you can’t really do any better than posting up the actual blotter tickets from your [B]live trading account[/B] highlighting the details can you.
That + a running weekly PnL statement every weekend will more than suffice.

In the meantime, how about that suggestion i made in my first post about pulling up the last 3 months broker statements from your [B]live account[/B] giving everyone a taster of things to come?

I’m sure everyone wishes you another profitable week.

The the privacy for my clients, and contractual agreements I do not and cannot advertise nor disclose my trading accounts. I really have nothing to prove except to offer any advice I can give to anyone learning to trade. I am just here when I’m not trading, however I thought i’d give a screenshot of my progress

Here is a screenshot of today’s trade just completed

All my trades looks alike because I stick a precise setup and i never deviate. I believe without the proper mindset behind any strategy, good or bad you will never gain success in this business, and if you do gain success its only short lived.

Many new traders focus on the strategy or the system hoping they find the holy grail. Honestly the “holy grail” is between your ears. Your brain is the holy grail in trading and in any successful business. “Your mind can be a greatest asset, but also can be your worst enemy”

Hi Bro, I am complete novice here. But I have the zeal to make it through forex. I don’t know how u can help me get on with it. God bless. Prince.

Well done! Good news is the nay sayers will totally avoid this thread as you posted evidence (something I never do), at least we can all speak freely.

You won’t be the last to find the financial markets a way to increased independence. It is a tough game but for those who have run businesses will tell you that it is not easy to stay afloat, let alone make a profit, yet so many succeed (or should I say so few) at least the media tells it that way because this benefits the tax man if more people do business. So more people will readily run a business and lose money rather than play the markets and lose money.

Admittedly, I would say FX is not the best starting point, equities and futures offer more plausible gains within shorter time frames and offers more incentive to continue to be a trader if you are starting out. That said, I don’t believe a trader can ever be profitable (i.e. make life changing sums) if they are not full time traders (controversial I know…) for the same reason I don’t believe you can run a business and work. This is why I believed your story from anecdotal perspective.

I personally don’t believe in a job, after witnessing the Accident group collapse that left thousands unemployed while the CEO moved to Bahamas after taking 1m out of the business and evaded prosecution. The markets offer you a chance to prove your skill and make your own way regardless of the economy. In any case well done to you, wish you continued success, you are now in that so called 10% who succeed…

One swallow does not a summer make & it’s a tad premature to suggest otherwise.

But as you say, at least he’s made an initial attempt to offer something, which is more than can be said for virtually every other thread vendor professing to [I]“teach & instruct”[/I] forum novices.

It’s yet to be established whether that’s a demo or live account & also if it’s merely a flash in the pan, but if the guy continues to support his claims by evidencing his [U]regular[/U] activity in the market, then all power to him.

If that scenario does present itself it will, at long last set a precedent & throw down the gauntlet for others who boast a successful track record without showing any proof of such claims & offer some long overdue confidence to novices seeking to invest time & effort in following legitimate thread vendors.

Time will tell.

Agreed. I am guessing you are equally new to the trading arena? The guy does have 10 years under his belt which is more than me. So if he can’t turn it around he ought to find a new profession or instrument to trade.

Also, I find in these forums one can only converse and share trades with already experienced traders and if newer traders find it useful then great. There are a lot of people who are looking for apprentices to make money off but for the most part it should be about experience sharing and community building. Trading is a lonely game so it is not the kind of thing that makes for pillow talk or dinner conversation. If you trade in a large hedgefund then your mates are traders no issues…

Anyway, if you are not trading professionally, you are wasting time and likely money because spot FX is not the best instrument to start with. It also requires an extreme money management ability, what most don’t know is, if you trade for a prop firm they may have more funds but they usually have a max daily draw down of $500 per trader per day with a max drawdown of $1500 overall before you have that conversation with the firm Oh! you can’t open 10k positions. You are expected to make $4,500 a month to keep your seat. So it is no joke… In those firms people have no choice but to turn $1500 to $10,000 in a matter of months.

These conditions can only be achieved if you are under the required pressure to do it. Plus you have to not only know the business but be skilled. Most people are not skilled in their current profession that they have practiced for years. In my opinion it is only worth engaing serious traders who earn their keep from trading not wannabes with some cash to throw away.

So if the dude says he is making money, I ask do you trade for a living? If he says no… I say f@@k off. If he says yes, then I say, mess up and you won’t eat let alone trade again the next day on a hungry stomach. I traded part time for a little, soon I couldn’t focus on work, so something had to give and that was after initially taking months at a time off my real estate work to trade and relax. Now I trade full time and my returns jumped simply because my focus was just the trade. I am in business with another so I know if I f@@k up we are both broke and homeless and I have kids, house, car, the works…

A bit different from the post results wannabe types.

Then you’re guessing incorrectly if one of his most recent posts is anything to go by.
It looks like he either has or does work in a brokerage/dealer type role judging by the ‘other side of the screens’ comment.

double 6’s comments don’t have anything to do with this guy turning it around. He was suggesting that if these guys were going to come onto the forum making claims about how competent & successful they are, then they should be prepared to show evidence of these claims & boasts if challenged to do so.

What’s being suggested is that if this guy or anyone else sets themselves up as potential mentors, tutors or trading instructors they should be prepared (if challenged or requested) to show evidence of this experience & apparent success by providing a track record from either their broker or a 3rd party verification source to confirm they’re suitably competent to present such info.

There’s no point whatsoever for novices investing time, effort & money in someone who can’t actually do what they claim.

Conversation, sharing of views & general banter is something very different indeed.

Anyway, my point was that I am not exactly shocked, most people who are traders can make a fairly descent income from trading but it requires dedication like any other profession.

Being a broker, dealer or even market making banker does not make you a good trader. Banks either take on proprietary traders, very rear these days or take on market making bankers incorrectly described as traders by most people. A lot of these people cannot trade the secondary markets and fail when they try not to say they don’t have the cash.

All I am saying is I wish the guy luck… The proof thing is childish but he did it, so good on him.

That’s your opinion, which is fair enough.

But he most definitely hasn’t complied with it, certainly not sufficiently enough to satisfy anyone’s genuine request.

If I was new to trading & discovered a forum/thread supposedly inhabited with successful experienced traders, the very first thing I would do in the absence of any visible evidence of an established track record would be to enquire about & request it.

In fact I can’t understand why more newbies or less experienced participants don’t insist on pursuing that perfectly logical & sensible option prior to rolling up their sleeves & getting involved.
If someone is prepared to take people on blind faith in this game they deserve to have their time & money wasted.

To be honest anyone serious about discovering if this business is for them won’t waste too much time in these places once they’ve quickly filtered out the empty vessels.

As you say, forums are ok for a bit of banter, community interaction & the odd interesting thread or two. They’re also fine for familiarising oneself with basic, entry level educational & industry info, but that’s usually about as far as it goes & there’s plenty of evidence contained within Babypips & other similar forums to draw that conclusion.

Well there you go… Personally I won’t look for mentors on babypips, there are a few good traders here and based on our long conversations I know they are good because we have had consistent contact and the only reason we are in this forum is because we learned a lot from here, like I said whether you are a banker or novice, you can either pay for a course of self learn when it comes to secondary markets. Almost 5 years ago discovered babypips I never actually used the forum till 2 years ago, so I have a connection.

Besides that I find it simply a negative sphere which has taken a lot to inject positivity as a place to learn about FX rather than a place that puts people off. Admittedly if you have failed in the markets you are not exactly going to be positive about it. So most people have a burning desire to prove everyone a failure, after all how would it look if all these newbies keep making a killing after a year while for you it is still breakeven at best? So I get that desire to see proof…

I think more about some HM Revenue dog scouring the forum, sees you doing quite well posting you thousands, tracks your name, address and then sends you a letter investigating you for tax evation. Before you even say anything… I use to post all my trades as they are placed and when they end and what they liquidated at until one forum member decided to find me real name and address and post it on here because we had a disagreement. At that point I decided it was no point sharing any personal info.

[QUOTE=“emeraldorc;661872”]I think more about some HM Revenue dog scouring the forum, sees you doing quite well posting you thousands, tracks your name, address and then sends you a letter investigating you for tax evation. Before you even say anything… I use to post all my trades as they are placed and when they end and what they liquidated at until one forum member decided to find me real name and address and post it on here because we had a disagreement. At that point I decided it was no point sharing any personal info.[/QUOTE]

You should be paying taxes if you are making a killing. If that is a concern then that means you are evading taxes which means you should be caught.

Also just a general statement on the topic, a myfxbook account link is THE ONLY valid proof of performance evidence. Screenshots of statements, screenshots of performance trackers, and posting trades on a thread aren’t really worth squat.

myfxbook & similar comparative trackers are only matched to MT4 linked accounts & are therefore useless for any other broker verification history.

There is nothing wrong with showing broker related blotter history. It’s not as though there’s a extended queue of thread vendors snaking around the corner requiring inspection.
It’s a simple request & an even simpler task to flip through the archives & capture the necessary information.

It’s also very straightforward & effortless for thread vendors & those boasting of consistent profits to post up the prior weeks broker execution history each weekend from their account logs to verify & validate their activity.

Dude this is not an argument, I am not looking for customers or to mentor anyone, if I am honest I want you all to keep failing so I can always be on the opp side of your trade and the market remains liquid. I am no novice I worked my a@@ off to be in my position.

Can’t give a f@@k about your proof bullsh@t, your problem mate. Secondly, you took my post out of context… I post on my own thread with guys I share with and was not advertising to newbies it was more about showing my exact entry, I use ctrader from FXPro so I can show actually deal map, so the guys knew what I bought and the actually USD figure, this was helpful from trading room perspective so we knew what price levels were significant.

Stop blowing smoke up my a@@… You are the guy who likes paying taxes. This is for you Silver & Gold - Hidden Secrets Of Money Ep 1 - Currency vs Money - Mike Maloney - YouTube Muppet! Please watch all six, the only education I can find for your level of understanding. I live in the UK, I pray you are a disillusioned American a phenomenon common in that part of the world, allegiance to the flag and all… Such crap… I won’t pay a dime in tax if I can help it especially when that sort of cash goes to fighting wars and paying civil servants and MP’s expenses. You keep paying.

This tape stops now. Go find your proof of life elsewhere. This is a game I don’t play. It’s like saying show me your bank details… Like I said good on the opp, hence I don’t make any claims I just trade and get on with life. My FXbook and all that data harness bull****… Good luck! Not hard to know the time wasters in this business.

[QUOTE=“emeraldorc;661879”] Dude this is not an argument, I am not looking for customers or to mentor anyone, if I am honest I want you all to keep failing so I can always be on the opp side of your trade and the market remains liquid. I am no novice I worked my a@@ off to be in my position.

Can’t give a f@@k about your proof bullsh@t, your problem mate. Secondly, you took my post out of context… I post on my own thread with guys I share with and was not advertising to newbies it was more about showing my exact entry, I use ctrader from FXPro so I can show actually deal map, so the guys knew what I bought and the actually USD figure, this was helpful from trading room perspective so we knew what price levels were significant.

Stop blowing smoke up my a@@… You are the guy who likes paying taxes. This is for you Silver & Gold - Hidden Secrets Of Money Ep 1 - Currency vs Money - Mike Maloney - YouTube Muppet! Please watch all six, the only education I can find for your level of understanding. I live in the UK, I pray you are a disillusioned American a phenomenon common in that part of the world, allegiance to the flag and all… Such crap… I won’t pay a dime in tax if I can help it especially when that sort of cash goes to fighting wars and paying civil servants and MP’s expenses. You keep paying.

This tape stops now. Go find your proof of life elsewhere. This is a game I don’t play. It’s like saying show me your bank details… Like I said good on the opp, hence I don’t make any claims I just trade and get on with life. My FXbook and all that data harness bull****… Good luck! Not hard to know the time wasters in this business.[/QUOTE]

Wow. A little too confrontational especially since the part of my post regarding myfxbook was not directed towards you, and even if it was, it was not a request to see proof of your performance, of which I could not care less about. It was rather a statement regarding the flaws of a screenshot or posted trades which can be edited and are hard to track and may not include trades that went poorly. You may want to go back and re-read the comment you wrote this blustery reply to, and take some blood pressure meds lol.

Here is the order ticket…

Now, honestly i don’t need to prove anything to anyone but i did come here and made myself known for the mere fact of helping those who needs help. I will not offer any more proof, but I will continue to post my trade charts.

As mentioned, I’ve been doing this for 10+ years, but not until few years ago I started doing it professionally. Is it the only thing I do? YES it is. Thank God, forex is the only thing I know like I know my own name. I have seen every move that the market has made. Just like everyone else, I do have losing streaks, 3 sometimes 4 but I’ve learnt to push through the losses because I confident my strategy. At the end, I come out winning.

My latest trade was done on 10.16.2014

USDJPY