Another noob :)

Hi guys and gals

My name is Antony also know as winger. Iv literally been looking in the ways of forex trading for a mere few weeks, and i must say my mind is blown away at the moment, but im sure after a while ill be able to decipher all this new information into something that makes sense :wink:

i live in the UK ( a little island with crappy weather ). im currently working in a power station, and have been in this industry for six years now. im not saying i want to quit my job and try being one of the very few successful traders, but it would be nice to achieve a little something extra, like a hobby say.

i have a demo account at the moment and its been up and down. i think im getting the hang of it, and learning a little more each day, iv been making more than losing. iv worked with trends for years so that might give me a slight head start, he says lol.

well time to have a look around i think. any advice would be grate.

thank you for your time

Hey Anthony,

Welcome to BP, it is generally a great community here with lots of helpful people and good advice. There is an occasional angry uncle, who like to rant and rave a lot, but they are easy to spot and ignore lol.

Did you already complete the “School” here on BP? If not it is highly recommended you do so, your learning curve will be greatly reduced after you go through the syllabus that the tutorial here provides. It is really well done, comprehensive and easy to follow.

If by chance in your community you have access to a forex mentor or teacher, you should look them up. You will gain tremendously from their experience and the money spent will quickly pay for itself. If you don’t have one close by, there are a lot of good online/skype forex coaches who should be able to help you. Can’t emphasize this enough.

Lastly, give yourself six months to a year for demo-ing before going live, you will be surprised how much you will learn, as well as how much you don’t know, the more you delve into this. Sounds like a long time, but the year will go by very quickly.

So good luck matey. Welcome aboard and wishing you all the best! Looking forward to seeing you here on BP.

Hi Antony,

Best of luck mate :slight_smile: I agree with the previous commenter about the babypips school, but I’ve also compiled a bit of a list of what’s worked for me over the journey - Day Trading Diary: Online Trading Syllabus

Cheers,

JN

cheers guys. iv just started school so lots to learn. thanks for the welcome im sure i will be asking you a few question along my journey :slight_smile:

Hi winger! Welcome to our forex community!