Theuns

Hi everybody.

I’m from Pretoria, South Africa. I’ve been trading for about two weeks on various demo accounts. I must say I’m getting the hang of things quite quickly. I’m sure I have still much to learn and every new day, I know a little bit more than the previous day. I do like the FXCM Trading Station. I do have a question though, which is the best stock broker to use. This is 1 of my biggest worries, as there are a lot of bad reviews about all stockbrokers I have found thus far. I guess its normal with any company to have unhappy clients, but I just don’t want to be 1 of the statistics, where I lost my money to a scam broker, or orders thats not being placed by me, or a stop loss that activates not where its suppose too, or a platform that goes offline. Just to name a few topics of the bad reports. Its a different story should I loose through lack of trading experience. I would really appreciate your feedback.

I’m so glad I found babypips. I’m sure it’s going to be a great help to me.

Regards

When you say “stock broker” do you mean FX broker? I use FXCM and I have been very happy with it. If you don’t want to get scammed, all you have to do is Google FX broker reviews and there are a lot of reviews of the various brokers. Also, as you read the forums, there will be broker names you will commonly hear. Look them up and do your due diligence before committing to one. There are also a few certifications to look for when it comes to brokers, again, Google is your best friend. Look them up :slight_smile:

Good luck and welcome!!

Thanks for the reply.

Noob mistake. FX Broker, I’m looking for. Believe me I have Googled a lot, thats why I’m so doubtfull about which broker to use. I have read bad reviews about FXCM too, and thats the FX Broker I like the most. Nr.1 on my short list of choices. To me its is so much more advanced than the other platforms I have tried out. Luckily I came across Babypips. And I’m sure this forum will answer my questions.

Regards

Theuns,

FXCM has a representative here in Babypips. His Name is Jason Rogers and is very helpful and can clarify any concerns you may have. I am not trying to sell FXCM, but simply saying I have been using their platform for almost a year now and really like it. If you have any concerns, why not get the answers directly from the horse’s mouth and then make a judgement? Good luck in your trading mate!

Hi Theuns,

Godspeed makes a great point about gathering all the information you can to make an informed decision.

It’s worth noting when reading online reviews that the vast majority of FXCM clients are pleased with our service and execution. That’s why FXCM continues to grow even as other brokers have come and gone. For example, we recently acquired all of the MT4 accounts from another broker, but that deal only increased our total client equity by 5%. That means FXCM’s current client equity is over 20 times larger than the amount we acquired from that other broker.

It’s important to keep such relative size differences in mind when comparing us to other brokers. FXCM is many times larger than other brokers you may be comparing to us. We’ve also been in business since 1999 which makes us one of the oldest firms in what is still a relatively young industry. If less than 1% of our clients or past clients express a grievance about something, while that may seem like a large number of traders compared to other brokers (again, it would be represent about 20% of the accounts we acquired from that other broker), it’s not as large when you consider the percentages.

That’s not to say that we don’t take such client feedback seriously. My role on forums is to answer questions about FXCM and address any potential concerns. And if you see my posts on this forum, you will find that I don’t simply promote FXCM. I actively contribute to discussions to provide service and education to traders: 301 Moved Permanently

This also highlights how FXCM dedicates a greater amount of resources to educating new traders than most other brokers. That means more novice traders begin their forex journey with us. The flip side of this is that when they misunderstand something about how the market works, they sometimes blame us. Here’s a typical example: FXCM how can you