Oldie visits the baby!

Hi everyone - just a little about myself.
I started trading EOD on the FTSE100 way back in 1975. Data came by way of the BBC, and was plotted by hand on graph paper. I progressed to a Sinclair ZX 80/88. I think that was what it was! Data came by way of a dial service based in Croydon, and the trick was to get on line asap or risk being at the end of a very long wait. I passed through the dial up to broadband stages, even trading via Satcom when at sea. But I’m still trying to hit the jackpot. In 1975 I was 30, I’m now 69,but I’m getting there!

Wow that is some journey you have had. Welcome aboard to babypips. You may want to go through the school of pipology . Pick up a few more tricks. There are no hard and fast rules to this game, we all learn something new everyday :slight_smile: There are a lot of experienced traders on this site who maybe able to help you. And I am sure with all your experience you can teach us a thing or two :slight_smile:

Did you ever trade in a pit?
If so, how challenging have you found it to migrate over to screen-based?

Greetings EODman and welcome! Wow…almost 40 years of experiences! What would you say are some of the similarities between market behavior in the 1970’s vs. the 2010’s? What kind of setup are you using now and are you still strictly an EOD trader?

Hi to all that have replied.
I use a very simple system, the ADX line (not the other two!) & an indicator I picked off the web, [B]‘Stochastic-Digital-Kahler-V20c’.[/B] It suits both my style, & my age! I trade ONLY four pairs & EOD. EOD of day because when I started it was all there was, & it stuck. I tried other time frames, even dabbled at scalping, but always returned to EOD. With the techno stuff around to day it makes even more sense…to me atleast! I do my ‘tomorrow’ stuff late in the evening, with a glass or two, place the trades, & monitor them with the mobile. I was never one for sitting glued to a computer screen.

Welcome mate. See you on other sections.

Hi all, sorry for the disappearing act…when you get old & have a family, grandchildren are a terrible (but VERY welcome) distraction!
If anyone is wondering how I trade…I promise you it will test your belief. Very simply, I trade Breakouts, but the key is in the time frame, and the currency cross, plus I only spread bet. Metatrader make it as hard as they can, but I have found a way to do it that really suits me. [B]NO HOLY GRAIL. [/B] It works, but so must you! As a form of repayment for all I have learn’t over the years, I will be posting my entry numbers (Long & Short) as of Monday. No sweat…no early starts, I do not trade before 10:00 UK, & I’m usually tucked up in bed well before 22:00 uk