Hello, I'm a beginner

Hello,

I’m Ying , I’m from Hong Kong and just got registered in baby pips. I have been study trading a year, about candlestick and indicators. I am interested in Forex trading because, it gives high return with low leverage. I have several attempt of trading my demo account ended up loosing and I tried to trade live account too.

I would say it’s hard to trade and needs high discipline and patience.

Hopefully I will learn skills and strategy in this forum.

My favourite trade was AUD/USD.

Greetings Ying and welcome to BabyPips.com! As with any new skill, there needs to be time put in to study the fundamental components of the skill and there needs to be deliberate practice–lots of practice in different market situations. Spend time developing your system and get in the habit of keeping up a trading journal; once you get those two things down, then you can be ready to start practicing and eventually go live. Good luck bud and hope to hear more from you soon.

Hello Pipcrawler, thanks for the reply. I will continue to develop my skills. Though I’m striving with my emotions because I’m still new to this and often I would win less and loose more.

Today I started buy aud/usd stop at 70 pips loose at 40 pips. Hopefully today trade will be good! I am using plus500 as trading tool

I will keep study, today aud/ used buy target 70 pip ang close at 40 pips opening is trending up, I hopefully I can earn today

So how many pips did you make yesterday Ying? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“tomiko;685087”]So how many pips did you make yesterday Ying? :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Tomiko, Yesterday I was planning to win 20 pips and 20 pips stop lost, but I ended up lost money, luckily today’s trade I manage to give my money back.

What’s your trading strategy? What currency?

Ying, let me tell you something; don’t TRY to get your money back today. you’ll end up even losing more. relax. forget that you lost yesterday. start afresh. if you’re getting stressed up. stop for the week and start again next week OK? but just don’t try to “fight” the market.

I trade EUR/USD and USD/JPY. I trade micro lots with funds spread all over. On one account I started with $1,000 and now have made $102, in 1 month. You know why? I’m not trying to “revenge” the market and I try very hard to trade small lots to make sure I have enough free margin to cover me up. I am doing the same thing on about 12 other accounts and it’s going really well.

Hi Tomiko,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I heard Eur/usd is a good trade because of the lower volume trade. I will check on that link later. I started trade with HK$1500 and ended up trading HK$7000 now it went HK$4300. I will continue to learn strategy. tomorrow should be a good trade.

Good luck Ying if you need any help message me

Beau

[QUOTE=“beausavage;685233”]Good luck Ying if you need any help message me Beau[/QUOTE]
Hi Beau, I need help how to entry as I am having trouble the entry and what is the best time I can enter a trade. How many pips stop lost.

As I was trading the aud/usd, what I do is during the opening trade Asia, I open my demo account and start either buy or sell, if it goes with my trade I would enter.

Then I would switch my live account then trade, but sometimes market is too volatile and I lost money.

Hoping for your reply, thanks

Depends on how long you are leaving a trade in for, I personally do my analysis in the evening and place a pending order. I have a 50 pip stop loss and 50 pip take profit, i then leave the trade for as long as it takes. I know its hard because you constantly want to be watching the trade, but you need to learn not to (in my opinion). If your trading with the trend and your analysis is good then hopefully you will get to a level where you win more trades then you lose

Additionally, I think you also need to make sure that you understand what happened if ever you get a losing trade and make the necessary adjustments and take note of it somewhere.

Right, last thursday, i lost 40 pips, got to stop for a week and ready to trade again. I think waiting is a key to earn money.

Can anyone explain why Ying still shows as having 0 posts? Ive never seen that before

Hi Ying.
Why have you gone live if you keep losing in demo?
Do you journal all your trades so you can go back and try to find what went wrong?

[QUOTE=“eddieb;685883”] Hi Ying. Why have you gone live if you keep losing in demo? Do you journal all your trades so you can go back and try to find what went wrong?[/QUOTE]

Eddieb,

Thanks for the reply. I have won the demo account. What I mean is I have been trading demo account and I’ve trade also live account and ended up loosing. If I loose money I would stop trade for a week or few days. I use my demo account as a monitoring when currency goes up and down and when the signal shows go down. That’s the time I entry. Created stop lost and stop win.

[QUOTE=“eddieb;685881”]Can anyone explain why Ying still shows as having 0 posts? Ive never seen that before[/QUOTE]

I have checked the previous trade that I went lost, my trade was short, after 2 hours it pull back up, but after, the majority still trend down, I went 40 pip stop lost and today I’m going to observe the opening of aud/usd and ready to trade again so far I saw a signal it will go short today.

[QUOTE=“beausavage;685233”]Good luck Ying if you need any help message me Beau[/QUOTE]

Hi,
I’m going short today aud/usd. Stop lost 20 pips stop win 20pips. Hopefully trade today is good

okay, 50pips should be a good strategy. and not to watch constantly the trade. I will try to follow on that tomorrow. Thanks beausavage

Hello Ying17 and welcome,

I am a beginner like you but we chose the opposite way to study. You began by learning candlesticks, i began with baby pips. I just finished baby pips school and i would like to tell you that it was a wonderful idea to do so. I strongly recommend it to you. What is important with this school, is not only the tricks you learn, but most of all the attitude, the way to do and the way to look at the trading market. This could save you big money.

I have a question for you concerning the candlestick learning, can you suggest a book or a website? I found Steve Nison’s website but seminars and tools are expensive.