Hopefully I'm the tortoise who wins the race?

My name is Shannon and I’ve been a member of this community since 2008. I opened it when I was a senior in college. I’m currently 29-years-old. I’ve traded on and off since 2008, some demo and some realtime. I originally started trading with one goal in mind: BIG BUCKS!!! That would lead to the life I desperately wanted. I hit the ground running but ran too quickly and ended up losing over $10,000 in the first few years. It has taken me over 3 years of not even looking at Forex to get back to here. I have $20 left in my realtime trading account. It has been just sitting there. I would love to do something with it, even if it is in a small way. BUT, I want to do it the RIGHT way. Educated, thoughtful and knowing. I want to move away from the knee jerk reactions I had previously into someone who knows the market and where it should be going. I still have BIG BUCKS in mind but with much more understanding of what an adult life looks like and how money plays a roll in our pursuit of living. My re-education starts here where there is a wealth of information and like-minded people. I will start school all over again, start trading demo like a noob and begin the tedious process of integrating FOREX back into my life. I am hopeful. :59:

Yikes! Thanks for sharing your story and glad to know that you’re pursuing the right approach in forex education and trading. There’s nothing wrong with taking baby steps, as long as you’re going in the right direction. Best of luck!