A whole new world

Hi All,

Iā€™m a total newbie when it comes to trading of any kind at all. Stumbled across babypips just looking for information on forex and there is a TON here! I just started going through the School of Pipsology and it is really good so far and very well structured.

Not sure what got me looking into trading. I guess I was/am just looking for something new to learn. Iā€™m a bit older than many of the other newbies that have been posting recently (Iā€™m 41 w/ a wife and 2 teenage daughters) and I have a well established career already as an engineer. I love learning new things/ideas and think forex might be a good spot for me. If I can make a little money, then it would be a nice little plus (and yes, I have no concerns if I lose money at first, or even second or third ;))

I also have a great passion for hockey, baseball and especially poker. I have been playing poker for about 7-8 years now and have been pretty successful at using the money earned to pay for family vacations, fun little toys for myself, etc. I feel my poker background lends itself we to trading as I fully understand the impact and meaning of variance and that winning little edges over a large sample size is how you really make money in the game.

Looking forward to learning a ton and hopefully being able to contribute to the forum soon.

Greetings Bravos1 and welcome to the BabyPips.com community! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and for your kind comments about the website :slight_smile: Your background in sports and poker should help since the mental aspect of both do translate well into the skill of trading. Good luck in the school and we do hope to see more from ya down the road!