Price Action Trader in Canada

Hi from Canada! My name is Nathan - I am a new FX trader, live trading for about 4 months. My style is completely discretionary and i trade short term price action using a mixture of faster charts, typically the 5, 3 & 2 min charts(as well as the 15 min sometimes for broader reference) I trade the London/NewYork overlap nearly every day looking for profitable scalps. I have been working very hard to develop my “eye” for trading opportunities day in and day out - while also learning to stay out when there is nothing on the table to trade, as I do have a tendency to overtrade. I find steady profitability is close enough to taste, but I am still working on refining my methodology and myself in order to really make more money than I lose on a steady basis. Further to that I trade only 3 pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD, and USDCAD. I focus on finding breakouts with potential for quick follow through, as well as finding areas where trapped traders will bail out w. stops getting hit, and various new traders jumping in to add to the move. I watch for price behavior around round number magnets, and as it revolves around a 25EMA. My typical trade will be for anything between 5 - 20 pips. My trade exit method is typically done by chasing a profitable trade with a stop, while always giving the trade a little more room to move into more profit if it wants. Anybody else who is working a similar fast style is welcome to contact me to share ideas/tactics. If you want to offer constructive criticism - yes! This screen shot is an example of the type of trade I take as it shows with trend build up towards a round number magnet, and where some shorts may also have been squeezed.

Welcome Nathan!

We’re glad to have you here. This site is very informative and the people are usually very helpful. Looking forward to learning alongside ya!

Cheers!
-Rob