New and a question

I’m very new to trading, have never traded before but would love to be able to trade successfully within the next few years or so. Any advice is appreciated. Still need to learn all the terms and phrases associated with FX. As for learning Forex, how much time do you recommend I should put aside to learning it? All my spare time or just an hour? Just wondering how much a day I should be doing so I don’t get off track that’s all. Thank you again for any advice!

I’m also interested as to how everyone learned, right now I’m following the babypips school and just looking at forex videos and stuff.

Hello and welcome to our forex community! First things first, I suggest you swing by our School of Pipsology to learn the basics. I think you could get by with spending an hour or so just learning the ropes first then the actual time you spend in front of your trading platform would depend on the kind of strategy you decide to use. Hope this helps!

PipDiddy
What charting system do you recommend?
Col

I studied at the school here, max 20 minutes at a time, 3 or 4 times a day as there’s a lot to take in when you start with no knowledge like I did.
Worth every minute

[I]“The only shortcut in forex is the shortcut to failure (eddieb, today :slight_smile: )”[/I]

I just stick with MetaTrader mostly or TradingView and NetDania when I’m on the go.

Great, thank you, it did help.

As far as the learning goes, the quicker you learn the quicker you can possibly go live and make money. Obviously, the more you learn the better chance to make more money. But, you also do not want to get burned out over it either. What level that would be is distinct to each individual.

Hi and welcome. You should spend all the time you have. WD Gann says he studied the markets (and the Bible) day and night. So… why shouldn’t you?