Hi fellow traders! I'm from the Philippines

Hello everyone I’m from the Philippines and i’m happy to meet fellow traders here in babypips. I’m trading for more than a year now mostly in demos but i’ve also tried having live account but unfortunately has burned my account 3x already :(:(:(Learning forex has been a journey for me with its ups and downs and it’s been tough specially when your on a losing trade. I hope to learn more from professional and expert traders here in babypips. It’s also tough choosing a reputable and trustworthy broker but its all part of our journey as forex traders. I wish to meet good mentors here who could teach me how to become a profitable trader. Thanks and more power to babypips :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to our forex community! I’m sure you’ll find plenty of forum folks from your neck of the woods right here. So sorry to hear about your trading losses and I do hope you’re able to develop a strategy that turns out to be consistently profitable. Focus on the process before the profits! See you around!

I am in Thailand so not so far! Will open first account soon! Best of luck to you! Have you taken the course here yet? I just started and it seems to have a LOT of great ideas…

Thanks for welcoming me. Yes I do read and study here in Babypips when I have the time. Goodluck on your first account I hope everything turns out okay. :35:

What is a demo account? Where can I get one? Are their video tutorials on terminology or how to forecast?

You can get a demo account from any Forex Broker. I trade FX professionally and have accounts with FXCM and Oanada. They both offer demo accounts. Oanada demo do not expire. FXCM demo account expire in 30 days.

Hi FXAlTareeq,

Just to clarify, FXCM demo accounts only expire after 30 days, if they are not being used. If you continue to place trades on your FXCM demo account, then it will not expire due to inactivity.

I’m FXCM’s representative here on the forums, so if you have any questions about our products and services, please feel free to reach out to me in the Broker Aid Station.

to blueberry1128: The best practice before you open a real account and deposit is to test a broker with some demos. Then to open a demo, and practice until you go to zero (00.00). Then another demo to practice and so on… Real is different from a demo account, but you get pretty much the general idea. Demo - demo - demo, practice different strategies until you find the one is suitable for your real trading account. Best of luck!

Hi Jason,

Just to clarify ALL of my FXCM demo accounts expire after 30 day even though I trade on them daily. I trade Professionally and Teach as well.

I wish it wasn’t the case with me, but I had one that expired or does not allow me to trade just last week.

Hi FXAlTareeq,

Please send me a private message with your account details, demo and live. I’ll check the settings to see why your demos expire.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi there Blueberry, I joined babypips just a few days ago and I find the info here very educational. I am a Filipino-American who is now retired and residing in Tagaytay. I have traded many years back, but due yo my lack of knowledge before I got live, I lost a lot of money. I knew there was money to made in Forex if you knew what you were doing, so I decided to try it again. If you would like to share experiences, let me know and I shall send you my email address or my cell number.