Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself

I live in suburban Detroit with my wife and son. I have a BA in economics from the University of Michigan. I lived in Chile for 8 years and for the last 10 years have owned Revex, an export management company which builds overseas distribution networks for manufacturers located mostly in North America.

Revex sales have always seemed to suffer from relatively strong USD more than benefit from a relatively week one. This year’s surge in USD was enough. I decided look for a way to take advantage of a forex market that had usually been the source of an annoying headwind.

I’ve read twice Anna Coulling’s “Forex For Beginners” and I’m working my way through the babypip’s School of Pipology.

My next step is to determine a couple of brokers with whom to open a demo account. I plan to post on the Newbie Island forum, indicate the key characteristics I’m looking for in a broker and hope for comments and suggestions.

Yep, forex fluctuations tend to impact import/export businesses a lot so it’s great that you’re looking to gain a better understanding of this market yourself. Not only can you use it to make profits but you can also time your sales depending on your market prediction or even hedge your shipments with opposing trade positions.

I think there are a lot of good reputable brokers in the US, do post your broker-related questions in our Brokers Section also so the folks in this forum can help you out. Hope it all works out for you!