Warm greetings from London!

Hi! My name’s Jenny and I’m new to the forum :slight_smile:

Hello Jenny:

Welcome to our world of craziness. My name is Tim and on demo trade for 8 months now…lots to learn.
Warm greets back to you from Erie, Pa, NY time zone.

Na zdrowie,
Tim

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hi Jenny,

KY here from Singapore.

Great to know fellow traders from all over the globe!

Cheers!

Hi Jenny, welcome to our forex community! Have you started with our School of Pipsology for the forex basics?

FX trading is the simultaneous buying of one currency and selling of another.

Currencies are quoted in pairs, for example Euro / US dollar (EUR/USD) and clients can speculate on changes in the relative prices between the two currencies. When one currency in the pair increases in value, it strengthens against the other. FX is a popular way to trade on the financial markets as it is a 24 hour market. Please refer to the trading platform for local FX trading times.

With currency pairs, the first currency is often referred to as the base currency and the second currency is referred to as the quote, or variable currency. In any price quote, the figure tells you how much you would receive of the quote currency for one unit of the base currency.
For example, a quotation of EUR/USD 1.28311 means that one Euro is exchanged for 1.28311 US dollars.
Visit Currency pairs, spot metals and CFDs | instruments for Forex trading to know full details.