New Loonie here from Canada!

Hi Babypips Community:

My name is Shane and I’m 24 yrs old. I’m pretty new to this business. I’ve been demoing for the past 6 months, almost every day of my life since I started, and at the same time I’ve been reading books - anything about Forex, money management and psychology of trading. I have also been coming here (babypips) since the day I started learning about Forex and I went through the Awesome and Amazing School of Pipsology.
I consider myself as a technical swing type of trader because I don’t trade by the news. I base everything on the price action and pattern structure. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t like the news. I actually keep track of them because sometimes it helps with completing my projected structure, or triggering my target points.
I used to have a mentor when I started and he just scalps intraday here and there, but as days pass by, when I started charting by my own and creating my personal strategy, also because of my day job, I find it comfortable to chart early morning then go to work or chart after hours then sleep.
With that, I still consider myself pretty new. I’m still hungry for more knowledge and experience to digest, and always looking for means to feed my curiosities and questions. I only trade micro lots on my live, only focusing on what I know based on my edge to have the consistency that I want to achieve. But honestly, when I started trading live, it was really hard to disregard the emotions that came with it. I missed a lot of opportunities - ending up not taking some trades - compared to my demo, where I had consistency and took on risks. I’m still on the process of shaping my state of mind to have that consistency that I did on my demo.

I think I’ve written long enough for just an introduction. I want to say thank you for having this site with full of knowledge and Cool :cool: Piple ! Hopefully I can find friends here :60:

Hope you have a great time here :smiley:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.