About TrapTheMarket

As a swing trader, I spend much of the trading period I have to define market zones/conditions, watch the market, track the market, and wait for the right time to take the best trading opportunity. In fact, the waiting is far longer than the rest. Good trading to you all.

“In fact, the waiting is far longer than the rest.”

– Amen to that! It took me quite a while to come to terms with the patience required to trade successfully.

I like what you write, TTM :slight_smile:

Erron

Thanks for the encouragement AuthenticFx.

Forex trading should be a planned business in my opinion. It should be planned with a set of functional and efficient system and strategies.

Last week, I took much of my spare time to learn how to read and analyse market structure.

Rather than searching for the ‘Holy Gray’, learn a simple functional system and make yourself a master of it. Trade safe, trade well.

I am looking to short GU once price action rejects the daily pivot. Trade safe!

[B]Tip:[/B] Mastering one method at a time is key, mastering one signal for good results pays. Trade well.

I use S/R zones, pivots, Fib levels and EMAs to stalk the market. Trade safe

When a pair retraces to a confluence zone, say a weekly pivot which is also at a daily or 4-hrly s/r zone, I will be interested to a enter a trade.

Ahead of the Brexit referendum, my brokers have increased the margin requirements of some of the pairs I trade to between 200 and 400 per cent. As I have a number of of open positions, I will be closing a few of them this week and watch others between now and next week Wednesday. For me, it’s better to stay on the side line until the dust clears over the Brexit ‘conundrum’. Trade safe.

It is important to focus on building a solid foundation for a profitable trading edge. This is a reason why newbies should not focus on the money while starting off in Forex trading. Losses will come but learning from them and developing the psychological stamina to trade without fear or greed are basic for building profitable trading edge.

Trapping the market will require using both high time frames’ S/R zones and your set-up time frame’s S/R zones.

Always remember: The market is not about one day of trading. If you suffer a loss, don’t lose your mind or do something stupid. If you win big, don’t go overboard with joy and excitement. Stay calm, humble, focused and keep learning.

If you would trap the market, learn to wait. Never rush your trade, never chase the price. Trade safe.

Before I commit to any trade this week, I’ll wait for a fill of the gaps created by Brexit last week Friday.

Ever wondered why some FX traders feel the need to always trade - even when their bodies are aching or they are endangering their health? Successful FX trading should give a good life balance but a somewhat endless trading regime/mode is, in my books, ultimately self-destructive.

I don’t hedge but martingale has put me in a lot of mess. If you ask me, each of them is a defeatist strategy.

I see adequate preparation as the heart of successful trading. Thus, as part of my preparation for the week, every Sunday I prepare my charts for all the pairs on my watch list and do a weekly top-down scanning of the pairs to see the 2-3 pairs that have the greatest potential for my successful trading during the week.

My trading model is what I see as trapping the market. Central to trapping the market is defining the boundary and boundary conditions under which you want to watch, stalk and trap the market. In the process of doing this, I use price-turning zones or levels and see how price performs across the time frames within the boundary. Thus, as a short-term swing trader, I often use 4H chart for my set-up time frame, but I scan lower time frames for efficient timing of trade entry and trapping of price action.