Coming out of lurking

I’ve been lurking for a few days before officially signing up. I’m Gemma, and I want to start resembling something that looks like a trader within the next four years. I used to work in mortgages, and have never traded before in my life. I noticed a news article about a stay at home mother trading Forex. It sparked my interest enough to look into it. That’s when I found baby pips. And also when I realised this is no walk in the park.

So I needed a realistic starting point: my plan is working through the baby pips school, reading various other books, opening a demo account for a minimum of six months.

My initial goal is to not lose my first live account. I want to learn to manage my risk first, then incorporate that into a strategy - I appreciate I’m probably being extremely naive here, but that just makes sense to me at this point. I want to see consistency in making the right decisions rather than getting caught up with growth initially. I know that just isn’t that ***y, but I’m trying to be realistic. I wish I could say it’s all going to be fast cars and champaign, that would feel so much more exciting, but that has the feeling of some ‘get rich quick scheme’, that doesn’t require any work - I want to feel proud of my achievements.

My long term goal is to become a millionaire (only joking!) I’m actually looking for quite a modest income from this eventually. If I could replace my income which isn’t a lot and I’m sure many of you would consider peanuts working from home, it would be a major achievement for me.

So that’s me and my thoughts for now - which will probably change often!

You’ve just said the magic words that give you a realistic chance in a field of endeavour in which few people succeed.

Learning to manage your risk is what long-term successful trading is all about, and few people realise it.

Maybe not. Your plan of working through the baby pips school, reading various other books, and opening a demo account for a minimum of six months sounds a pretty good starting-point, to me.

The naive people are all the ones who think it [B][U]is[/U][/B] a walk in the park.

Congratulations on delurking, and let us know, after reading the “school”, how we can help you.

Fabulous thanks for the words of encouragement lexys. I will indeed be back after graduation :slight_smile: