Just Finished School of Pipsology!

Hi All!

I’m an actor in Los Angeles who pays the bills with two delivery jobs. I was taught by my mom that you don’t need to be rich if you keep your monthly expenses on the low low. So, I don’t really subscribe to the poor actor mentality (I mean I’m poor for sure), but I have about $5000 in savings. My oh **** fund. Trying to get to $20,000 by the end of 2016 so I can set some aside for trading on a live account.

My goal with forex trading is to eventually replace my delivery job incomes. That said, I’m under no illusions that it’s going to be a walk in the park. But, I have plenty of income as is for my lifestyle, so I’m in no rush to start trading on a live account.

My next steps are to search out more systems that might be a better fit for me, and to open my demo account so I can start practicing. Also, I will be opening a trading journal account after I finish this post.

There’s so much to learn, but I really love the process so far. Excited to fail and make mistakes, but to also journal that **** out so I can learn and become a pro!

Cheers!

• Justin

Welcome, and congratulations on finishing the school.
I suggest you open a micro account with, say, $1000 max, a figure you would be comfortable losing overnight without feeling the urge to cut your wrists :slight_smile:
Then you can trade micro lots (0.01 lots), risking 10 cents per pip movement. That way your initial deposit should last long enough for you to get a grasp on trading and maybe figure out what style of trading suits you best.
Best wishes

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the reply!

I couldn’t help but laugh out loud with the wrists joke.

But yes, I think I will take your advice after trading on a demo account for at least two months. To open up a micro account will be my first step into a live trading.

Thanks again for the advice.

Cheers

Thank you! Happy to be apart of such a welcoming community!