Hello from the UK!

Hello,

So I’ve just joined babypips, I decided to learn about this whole forex thing Jan this year.
I bought 3 Anna Coulling books and have found them very interesting. I have been focusing on tick volume, support and resistance and candle patterns mainly along with a few other indicators. I am keen to learn more about fundamental data too which I feel is important.
I have not gone live yet but have been trading demo since January and have been doing ok. I have been taking it more seriously the past few months having developed somewhat of a rough plan which I am sticking to and honing as I go. I seem to be able to pinpoint currency pairs which are about to start moving in a trend but its my entry which needs a bit of work. Patience is key!
I use a currency strength indicator to get a rough idea of currencies which may be about to turn rather than trade in a already established trend. Having said that I try to trade with the longer term trends. I am looking to trade on the hourly charts.
I then look for momentum in a currency across other pairs.
I generally try and avoid trading around news and will always look ahead to make sure there is nothing major coming out during my trades in the week.

I would be keen to speak to people who also use these techniques to discuss strategies and am keen to learn new ones.

I am not looking to become a millionaire (yet :P) Ill be happy if i’m in profit at all after a year of trading.

Daniel

Are you done with the School of Pipsology? If not, I suggest you finish the school first. :slight_smile:

I’m not yet, working my way through it though :). It’s really useful!