I wanna quit my job? Help me

I am Philips from Lagos Nigeria I started trading 7 years ago and i understand a little about trading. I have lost so much I do make profit but afters few weeks/months i loose all my investment. I kept going back and I kept losing it all my profit in a single trade. Due to my past experiences i left.
I have a strong believe that i can make trading a profession. I can make it trading. I am tired of working for someone. I want to be a successful trader. I WANT TO QUIT MY JOB. PLEASE HELP ME.
My questions: What do you think am not getting right and how can you help me? what do you think i need to do to be able to keep my profits.
I need your suggestion and i am ready to learn.
Thanks

Your problem is/was greed, concentrate on risk management

Your problem is [I][U]position-sizing[/U][/I].

Effectively, you were gambling, not trading.

In spite of 7 years’ experience to the contrary? Either you have either great determination or you’re very stubborn. :wink:

Position-sizing. You don’t how to work it out. This is your problem, in my opinion.

By recommending two books that you need to read [B]carefully, all the way through, making notes, probably twice each[/B]. And not put another trade on until you know their content so well that you could teach a course on them. :slight_smile:

[I]Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom[/I], by Van K Tharp (you need especially the second half of the book, but you’ll have to read the first half once, to get it in context. Don’t let the book’s horribly sensationalised title put you off!), and …

[I]Profitability & Systematic Trading[/I], by Michael Harris.

If you look around carefully enough online, you might even manage to find PDF copies of them, to download.

And you’ll never again lose all your profit in a single trade, if you act on what you learn from them. :cool:

Good luck to you, Philips. I admire your persistence.

Thanks for your sincere evaluation, yes greed you’re right. All those times i’m after the money and not giving enough time to learning. I will certainly walk on risk management.

Lexys, I appreciate your comments and taking your time out to reply me. I just downloaded the to two books recommended by you. I promise i will take my time to read them, take notes and apply whats in it. Thanks again God Bless You.