Hello there!

Hey all,

My name’s Brendan and I’m pretty new to trading in general!
I’m probably one of the younger people on these forums I’d guess (young 20’s) and have been in the auto industry since about 10th grade. Great career path for a young, single person but after about 5 years I had a son and started to wonder if 60+ hour work weeks OUT of the house were for me. Started researching jobs where I could make a somewhat comparable income and different trading markets kept popping up everywhere! Now about a little over a year later I’ve quit my job so my fiancee can go back to get her masters (was a stay at home mom), and I’m studying/demoing during the Sydney/Tokyo sessions and early into London.

From everything I’ve read my expectations are to not lose my ass once I start live trading. Still developing my trading plan and my trading system but over the past month I can honestly say I’ve never been so excited to “go to work”!

One question for those of you who’ve been here a while and those new to the forums.
Is there a thread to go over everyone’s personal opinions on why the market did what it did on a daily basis? Say for example all pairs containing USD seemed to head in it’s direction today (ie: USD/XXX up XXX/USD down). After checking out the forex calendar, bloomberg, these forums and just plain googling it I can’t really figure out why, all reports were either right at or below expectations for US, other countries were the same generally and I didn’t see anything on the news! I know most people have their own opinions but I figured a large thread for everyone to hear others might REALLY help.

If something like this doesn’t exist I might make one if people think they could benefit from it.

Welcome to the forum!