Hi, I'm Mikey from Australia

Hi all, I’m Mikey, from Australia, recently out of work and getting close to retirement (well Transition to Retirement anyway). I don’t hold out much hope of finding work again, and I’ve decided to learn forex.

I was out of work about 3 years ago again for a while and I did sign up with a guy that called himself Forex Dan for a while. He was cheap but gave me things to do and I learned a bit from him. Then one day he just vanished and I left the forex, not to mention I found work again anyway. This time I think it’s different though, I’ll be around for a while.

I hope to grow with people and learn forex. Whilst it’s great to have expert information out there, it’s also great to just grow with people that are at my level and try different things and learn.

So the main thing I hope to get from this forum is a place to make some peer friends and grow.

Welcome to the forums

Hey Mikey, sorry to hear you lost your job. Just remember slow and steady wins the race - no quick bucks in forex and trading full time is a tough gig. If you’re looking for a good local broker, highly recommend Vantage FX in Sydney. All the best.

• JT

Hi Mikey,

How have you been learning so far, what has helped you and where do you still have gaps? Happy to help where I can :slight_smile:

Greetings
Seb

hi i am sophie

Agree with JT here: slow and steady. So many traders think they are no good but really they are just risking too much. I’ve just switched to Vantage a couple months ago after my old Australian broker shut up shop - couldn’t be more happy. You guys are really lucky in Oz - solid regulation - great brokers.