Newbie needing a bit of advice

Hi Everyone, I’m overwhelmed at the amount of information here. I have been trading for a little while & doing ok, I have a couple of questions though which are not directly related to the practice of trading, hope this is where I should post them.

First regarding internet connection when trading, am I right in saying the speed of the connection is less important than the reliability? Also is it safe to trade using wifi? (as you have guessed I am very new to all of this!) Finally, for now, I have to go to Palawan in the Philippines for several months & was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who lives there & trades and what there experiences are when it comes to internet connections?

Thanks in advance of responses, I would be most grateful for any help.

Hello!
Unfortunatelly, I can’t tell you anything about traders in Philippines. But what concernes internet connection, it’s always better to have fast speed LAN connection. Wi-fi is good when you haven’t got other variants or if you have to check what’s going on there with your phone.
Sometimes connections problems or sudden slippages can be not your fault. Broker can meet technical problems too. So if you have any questions about wrong orders executions, better write to brokers support. If an issue was on their side, they return money (if they are not moneymakers).

Hi, Great answer and very helpful, Thanks.