Hello from the Philippines, SE-Asia!

Hi everyone!

My name is JC Betana, I turned 20 last September and I just finished the entire Babypips school.

My trading story began when I learned that a high-school friend was going to get tutored by a stock trader. Being heavily interested in money, I asked him if I could join. Unfortunately, he didn’t push forward with it anymore.

But I did!

So began my journey in the financial world.

I first joined an investors club in my country where we had signals available for stocks in the PSEi. I invested about $600 from my salary working in Verizon’s support department. This was last year.

Our index was going through a bearish run, and around July or August, the worldwide economic collapse began to happen. I remember watching CNN and seeing the DJI drop more than a thousand points in a matter of hours.

A month after, I joined a network marketing company using the capital I invested in stocks (with losses incurred). I must say, it was a good opportunity, but it didn’t fit me well.

So now, I’ve invested heavily in my education, as I always have, and am now trading on demo. Recently, I was browsing through some forums and came upon a strategy for swing trading.

It’s helped me a lot, especially with training my discipline of following the rules.

That’s all I can say for now! Would love to meet new people on the forum. Add me on Facebook if you’d like! I can also send you a link to my MyFXbook page so you could see my track record.

Talk to you soon!

Hi JC,

I’m from the Philippines too and just like you just finished reading BabyPips school. Amazing how you started early. Are you with a forex group? At a point where I will be using a demo account now.

Where you both in the Philippines?